• in the Mayan Riviera, about 30 minutes from the airport
• 10 minutes by cab to Playa Del Carmen (between $10-$12 cab ride)
• Right next door to the Tides Riviera Maya
• Very modern lobby
• They were anticipating our arrival and welcomed us with champagne and personalized check in
• Was asked to choose between 3 aromatherapy scents and 3 room scents for our stay
• Was taken on a tour by golf cart of the resort (golf cart not needed as its not huge, but was nice sometimes)
• Beyond wonderful!
• Every staff greeted you as you walked by
• Couldn’t do enough for us
• Chef came out to talk about the menu, asked if we wanted anything special
• Pool staff were fabulous, wouldn’t even let you put down your towel and set up your chair by yourself-they did it for you
The Room: Room Type
• One bedroom suite
• Huge room!
• Full kitchen with stainless steel appliances, dishes, etc
• Large square dining room table
• Living room with large L-shaped leather pull out couch
• Guest bathroom which was excellent!
• Big bedroom with open concept washroom
• Modern and beautifully appointed
• Balcony or terrace...our terrace had 2 wicker chairs with cushions and 2 upright chairs with a table
• Penthouse suite is amazing, has a huge deck with a large Jacuzzi, big dining table, BBQ, lounge chairs, outdoor bed, etc!
• Food was amazing
• 4 restaurants: Flavours (all day), Mediterranean, Japanese and Senses (pay additional for Senses)
• Breakfast at Flavours was amazing, ate off the menu and also had a “food display” (they don’t use the word buffet) but it was awesome and they would make you anything you want
• Ate lunch at Sea Olives (Mediterranean) everyday because the resort is new Flavours was not open for lunch yet. It was amazing and served bread (whole wheat or white) which lunch and dinner
• Asian restaurant called Tsuki was amazing and would make whatever you wanted especially in terms of sushi
• Also have 2 “gourmet corners” (snack bars) at 2 of the pool bars...had amazing thin crust pizza! Also served things like nachos, burgers, salad, etc
• This is not a “party resort”
• It was very empty when I was there because it just opened, but it’s not going to be a loud and rowdy resort-it is very upscale and refined chic
• The kids club is amazing. It has an outdoor jungle gym, small kids pool and lounge chairs, arts and crafts room, nap room, fisher price room, my gym (amazing!) video game room with WII, Play Station 3 and X Box, etc!
• The beach right in front has a lot of coral-you can go walk in snorkelling. This is great for clients who want that...if you walk a few minutes either way you can swim without a problem
• I would suggest water shoes as I cut my foot swimming out in the middle ocean (a few hotels down, and was quite deep!)
• About a 40 minute walk along the beach right into Playa Del Carmen
Things I liked:
• The infinity pool overlooking the ocean was the best part and focal point of the resort-it is picture perfect!!
• The resort is built a little back from the beach but all the rooms even at the front of the resort have access to a pool almost right outside their door. There are no swim up suites but there are pools snaking throughout the resort
• Comfy modern wicker chairs with cushions by the pool and double bed cabanas by the pool and beach
• They come around with cold scented towels, evian spritzer and gourmet “treats” like fruit/frozen fruit on a stick at the pool
• Safe is electronic-no need to carry around a key
• Ferrero roche chocolates at turndown!
• Zky Bar is amazing, great ambiance, large plush outdoor “beds”
• Music playing at the pool
• Beach volleyball!!
Things I didn’t like:
• No peepholes on the doors
• All the rooms are set up in suite like situations...either a 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom so you have one door to get into the suite and then 2 or 3 doors once you are in. If you have a deluxe room, or one bedroom suite you will just have access to one of the rooms. If you have a 2 or 3 bedroom suite, you will have access to all the doors. Because of the main door being locked as well, it’s difficult to hear someone knocking for room service or the maid, etc
This resort sets the standard very high...it combines everything you find at high end resorts/hotels with an all inclusive concept. Couldn't have asked for anything more!
Feel free to contact me for more information or pictures.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Fives By Karisma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Azul Fives Hotel, By Karisma Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 10 minutes from charming playa del carmen, azul fives hotel is noted for enormous suites designed for families and friends with up to three bedrooms with rooftop decks.Activities and special experiences foster togetherness for families, couples and groups of friends. The 360-suite hotel offers the renowned Gourmet Inclusive® concept, as well as flexible meal plan options to suit all agendas. Private barbecues highlight family activities, and the Kid’s Club sponsored by Fisher-Price® caters to children. Rooftop Weddings inspire soon-to-be-married couples. The 24-hour room service and full-service concierge ensure memorable vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Azul Fives Hotel, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.