“Nice Resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Azul Fives Hotel, by Karisma

You added Azul Fives Hotel, by Karisma to your Saves list
Azul Fives Hotel, by Karisma
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Predio El Limonar Fraccion 2 | Xcalacoco, Municipio de Solidaridad, Playa del Carmen, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save Up to 30%
Ranked #32 of 200 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Savage, Minnesota
“Nice Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

First off, we were only there for three nights, so it's almost unfair to review Azul Fives.

The grounds were beautiful. Very well maintained. Workers cleaning up daily, really adds to the beauty.

My wife and I arrived on Dec 12th, and the check in was different from regular check in. More like a group check in. It did go well though, but miscommunication saw us not get our luggage to our room for a couple of hours after we checked in.

We were located in building 3, which was about mid way to the infinity pool at the beach.Our one bedroom suite was fabulous. Granite countertop was unexpected, but nice. The suite was extremely large for just 2 people. Separate tub and shower. Walk in rainfall shower was great. Housekeeping service was very good, as was the daily stocked refrigerator, and coffee. The king sized bed seemed to me to be hard, so I thought I wouldn't sleep well. I slept just fine. There was a patio off the living room, as well as one off the bedroom

We had a schedule to keep so we only ate at Flavours restaurant. The buffet there is small but the food provided was good. Nice selection of fresh breads, and rolls. They make a small pizza there in a wood fired (I assume wood fired anyway) which was very good. As small as the buffet is, they have a good selection of items to enjoy. Good selection of deserts.

Pool water was colder than the ocean, but not cold. Just took a few seconds to get used to, then it was fine. Swim up bars had high end liquors. Seemed like they could have used at least one more server at the beach and infinity pool. Good service despite being short staffed. Servers always had a smile, which is always nice to see.

Beach was great. Red flag though as it was windy, but that didn't stop folks, me included from enjoying the water. Got some great pictures of good sized waves, just before they knocked me over. Very fun. Plenty of lounge chairs there, so I don't think there is any hurry to get a great spot for sunning.

My wife loved her 75 minute spa service.

Overall, the resort is very nice, and yes, for the listed prices is an excellent value. Families will love it. Yes, there were a lot of children there, but couples will still enjoy it very much.

Room Tip: Our room didn't have a pool view, so ask for one that has that.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (984)
Randolph, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We came to this resort to celebrate our honeymoon. Overall, the experience was a good one; the grounds are beautiful and well maintained, the beach and pools are great, and the food and service are excellent. The only drawbacks we experienced included some confusion on the resort's part regarding our honeymoon package; however, our travel agent (Mindy at Beach Bum Vacations) was able to resolve this very quickly, along with a plumbing issue...the shower drain didn't work properly and as a result, the water leaked from the shower into our room (all over some very slippery tiles). This issue was resolved after a quick call to maintenance. In terms of comfort, I found the mattress to be a bit too firm for my taste. All in all, my husband and I would probably stay here again, though having been to Azul Beach, I would have to say that resort is my favorite so far in terms of what's offered through Karisma.

Room Tip: Rooms on first floor offer quick walkout access to pool.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Whether a Family with infants or teens, a Solo traveler, Couples, Friends or Foodies of any kind, Azul Fives will impress. The grounds are lush. The staff are attentive, friendly and prompt. The Butlers are impeccable, Luka and Jorge in particular. Get the 1 Bedroom Sky Suit, you WILL be impressed. The Fixed beach is excellent if small. The pools are extensive. The food is a la carte and made well. I will happily recommend this place to my more discerning Clientele and Families!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Great hotel. The service is exceptional. The staff can not do enough to make your stay more complete. The grounds are impecable and the villas are very clean. The only thing I would change is the floor tiles in the shower. They are very slippery.
As for the food....besides the presentation, every meal we had from the Japanese restaurant to the pool side burger restaurant was delicious.
I want to extend an extra bit of gratitude to Pablo, Guadalupe, Miguel and the hotel manager Sybile for making our stay memorable.
Thank you!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Torono
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I don't usually write reviews but I just have to add a little something to the feedback for this place.

I loved it.

The resort is in the perfect location- near Playa Del Carmen for day trips and adventures, and right on the beach for sufficient salt water dips and sandy tanning sessions.

I loved the varying restaurant options included in our package - it was great to have options and cohoes items from a menu rather than buffet style.

It's modern, clean and refreshing.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I really love this resort. We stayed from Dec. 8-12 2013 & it was a birthday trip for me.. It is great for families or couples. The all inclusive amentities were great, and loved the beach & pool area. What I really liked also is that, in the restaurants they made it point to ask if you had a food allergy. I thought that was terrific, because I'm allergic to eggs. I would highly recommended this resort to anyone & I'm planning on staying again at the Azul Fives villa resort.

Room Tip: Get the suites with the personal jacuzzi on the roof top.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

My wife & I went to Azul and really loved it. The staff was friendly, the pools were awesome (complete with swim-up bars) and the food was great. Plus, the whole place has a clean, modern, inviting vibe.

Great food too, with different restaurant options and styles to choose from.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Azul Fives Hotel, by Karisma? Share your experiences!