First off, we were only there for three nights, so it's almost unfair to review Azul Fives.
The grounds were beautiful. Very well maintained. Workers cleaning up daily, really adds to the beauty.
My wife and I arrived on Dec 12th, and the check in was different from regular check in. More like a group check in. It did go well though, but miscommunication saw us not get our luggage to our room for a couple of hours after we checked in.
We were located in building 3, which was about mid way to the infinity pool at the beach.Our one bedroom suite was fabulous. Granite countertop was unexpected, but nice. The suite was extremely large for just 2 people. Separate tub and shower. Walk in rainfall shower was great. Housekeeping service was very good, as was the daily stocked refrigerator, and coffee. The king sized bed seemed to me to be hard, so I thought I wouldn't sleep well. I slept just fine. There was a patio off the living room, as well as one off the bedroom
We had a schedule to keep so we only ate at Flavours restaurant. The buffet there is small but the food provided was good. Nice selection of fresh breads, and rolls. They make a small pizza there in a wood fired (I assume wood fired anyway) which was very good. As small as the buffet is, they have a good selection of items to enjoy. Good selection of deserts.
Pool water was colder than the ocean, but not cold. Just took a few seconds to get used to, then it was fine. Swim up bars had high end liquors. Seemed like they could have used at least one more server at the beach and infinity pool. Good service despite being short staffed. Servers always had a smile, which is always nice to see.
Beach was great. Red flag though as it was windy, but that didn't stop folks, me included from enjoying the water. Got some great pictures of good sized waves, just before they knocked me over. Very fun. Plenty of lounge chairs there, so I don't think there is any hurry to get a great spot for sunning.
My wife loved her 75 minute spa service.
Overall, the resort is very nice, and yes, for the listed prices is an excellent value. Families will love it. Yes, there were a lot of children there, but couples will still enjoy it very much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 10 minutes from charming Playa del Carmen, Azul Fives Hotel is noted for enormous suites designed for families and friends with up to three bedrooms with rooftop decks. Activities and special experiences foster togetherness for families, couples and groups of friends. The 360-suite hotel offers the renowned Gourmet Inclusive® concept, as well as flexible meal plan options to suit all agendas. Private barbecues highlight family activities, and the Kid’s Club sponsored by Fisher-Price® caters to children. Rooftop Weddings inspire soon-to-be-married couples. The 24-hour room service and full-service concierge ensure memorable vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Azul Fives Hotel, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Fives By Karisma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Azul Fives Hotel, By Karisma Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico