Overall we thought the resort was great and we had a fantastic time. The food was mostly excellent, the staff was friendly and mostly helpful and the rooms were comfortable. I cannot praise the staff at the kids club enough (especially Sandra). They did a great job keeping the kids entertained with a variety of activities both indoors and out. The grounds are beautifully maintained and there are always people cleaning.
I have a few helpful suggestions if you are going to stay there.
Rooftop not worth it - We booked the 3rd floor so we could use the rooftop patio. Unfortunately, there is no cover so there is no protection from either the sun or rain. Unfortunately, the overhead light was broken, nixing our plan to play cards up there at night. Maintenance was called twice about the light and they showed up within 1/2 an hour. The language barrier made it impossible to make them understand that it was not the light-bulb but the fixture-which shorted out every time it rained -that was the problem. We did not use the rooftop more than a few times. Don't waste the extra money for it.
No place to hang anything - For a "Green" place, there was nowhere to hang anything, including used towels and wet bathing suits. I suggest taking a clothesline to hang wet bathing suits, etc. It may have been the time of year, very humid, but nothing ever dried!
Take some $1 bills - while gratuities are included (if you have all-inclusive), tipping the bar staff, room service and mini-bar porter will be very much appreciated.
Make dinner reservations ASAP - restaurants do fill up early in the week. Also plan on a 2 hour dinner at Arezzo with lots of time waiting - very slow service.
The only really disappointing thing that happened was that our personal concierge, Julio, was ill-informed, did not follow through and lied to me. He was supposed to ensure we had a birthday cake for our granddaughters birthday. I arranged this several days in advance. When we got to the restaurant, they, of course, knew nothing about a cake. This example is not typical of the staff.
I would not recommend this resort for honeymooners, the night life seemed to be minimal.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Fives By Karisma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Azul Fives Hotel, By Karisma Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 10 minutes from charming playa del carmen, azul fives hotel is noted for enormous suites designed for families and friends with up to three bedrooms with rooftop decks.Activities and special experiences foster togetherness for families, couples and groups of friends. The 360-suite hotel offers the renowned Gourmet Inclusive® concept, as well as flexible meal plan options to suit all agendas. Private barbecues highlight family activities, and the Kid’s Club sponsored by Fisher-Price® caters to children. Rooftop Weddings inspire soon-to-be-married couples. The 24-hour room service and full-service concierge ensure memorable vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Azul Fives Hotel, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.