We have been to the Playa area 6 times and the last 2 times have been to The Fives. The first time fell in love with The Fives it was just my husband and I. In February we traveled to the Fives with our 2 teen-aged children and our family friends..we were a group of 4 adults and 4 older teens. We had a 3 bedroom Penthouse and one extra Deluxe room.
We all had a fabulous time. The Fives is quite new and modern. Rooms are spacious and the rooftop deck is huge!
The staff are all wonderful...the service top notch, and the food is wonderful...especially Flavours breakfast buffet! We ate at all of the restaurants and found something wonderful for everyone each meal. With teens we ordered (they ordered, ha ha) lots of room service and found the service and the food to be very good.
Two of the teens have Celiac Disease and the hotel restaurant staff were extremely accommodating to their needs. The Italian restaurant offers gluten-free pasta. Anyone with any dietary restrictions can advise the hotel in advance and when you check in make sure they have noted those restrictions on your I.D. card.
The Fives is a smaller property and so it is easy to get to know the staff. The teens made tons of friends with many of the staff.
The activities are great fun too. There was, among others, water aerobics, dance classes, tennis, beach volleyball, cooking class, yoga, archery, Spanish lessons. There is always something to do if you want to take advantage of the activities..or you can enjoy the pool and beach.
Nightly shows every night are fun. The best one is the Fire Show on the beach!
I could go on and on about how wonderful The Fives is. For the most part the reviews written by other travelers have had the same experiences that all of us have and so no sense having you read the same points over and over. I have read the odd negative review and I take them with a grain of salt. We all love it, our friends who joined us love it and two other family's that we recommended try The Fives went and they all loved it too! Plan to enjoy yourself...and you will!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 10 minutes from charming Playa del Carmen, Azul Fives Hotel is noted for enormous suites designed for families and friends with up to three bedrooms with rooftop decks. Activities and special experiences foster togetherness for families, couples and groups of friends. The 360-suite hotel offers the renowned Gourmet Inclusive® concept, as well as flexible meal plan options to suit all agendas. Private barbecues highlight family activities, and the Kid’s Club sponsored by Fisher-Price® caters to children. Rooftop Weddings inspire soon-to-be-married couples. The 24-hour room service and full-service concierge ensure memorable vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Azul Fives Hotel, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Fives By Karisma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Azul Fives Hotel, By Karisma Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico