“Amazing vacation!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Azul Fives Hotel, by Karisma

You added Azul Fives Hotel, by Karisma to your Saves list
Azul Fives Hotel, by Karisma
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Predio El Limonar Fraccion 2 | Xcalacoco, Municipio de Solidaridad, Playa del Carmen, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save Up to 30%
Ranked #31 of 200 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Sechelt
“Amazing vacation!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was looking for a family friendly place to take my kids in Mexico. I read all the negative reviews on here but chose to ignore them and try it for myself. It's the only one that had enough room for my family to be comfrtable. AZUL FIVES DID NOT DISSAPOINT!!! From the moment we checked in to the moment we left we encountered so many warm and friendly staff. Manuel at the Palmas Swim UP Bar treated us so well, he was wonderful to my kids as well. They still talk about him regularily!!! Diana was our main gal for pool service, always friendly and fun. She made sure we were well taken care of! We booked the 1 bedroom suite pool walkout. What a great choice. We were in Building 1 and I could be on the HUGE patio while my sons were in the pool. Well worth the upgrade!

I read so many negatives about the house keeping services.......I don't know what they are talking about. Our guy was truly amazing. With the kids things could be a bit messy but he made everything look like new again. For the people who complain......maybe try tipping everyday.......He was truly amazing and appreciated the $10 we would leave him and would go out of his way to make sure we had extra towels, coffee and would leave us a handwritten thank you note. I wish I could remember his name to Thank him.

Sergio at the spa made my spa experience wonderful. What a beautiful spa they have there. Definitely book the hydro therapy, it made my last day there a wonderful thing!

I enjoyed the Superbowl at the Zky Bar, they put on a great little party and the staff was run off their feet but NEVER did we have an empty drink. No matter who got the points, the staff would take their time to drop everything and cheer!

We didn't use the main pool very often because we had everything we needed in our Palmas pool and enjoyed the peace and quiet.

We will absolutely be back to that same resort. We are already planning to bring my mom and dad and Sister and brother down with us next year. I can't wait to see everyone again.

From what I saw and heard from the people staying there, Most were overly happy with their stay. For the rude ones that had nothing better to do than complain and treat the staff awful.......were the ones not tipping either! I can't blame the staff for not treating them as well as they did us. Try having a little respect and maybe you will get some back!!!! The staff work very hard and always ended our "Thank You" with "Its my Pleasure"

I can't say Thank you enough for making my kids first real vacation extremely memorable. To all the staff at Azuls a HUGE thank you from the Caldwell Family. We will see you next year!

Room Tip: Get the upgrade to the swim out suite. You will not be disapointed.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Fives Hotel, by Karisma, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you , I enjoyed reading your review of your experiences and I'm gald that you enjoyed your stay from the moment of your arrival until the minute of your departure.

I have passed on your praise for our staff , there is no better reward than to be recognised for their efforts and I'm sure that they are overjoyed with your comments.

i hope to see you again very soon at the Azul Fives

gm@azulfiveshotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (981)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Ok, so this was a last minute idea, in support of close friends who were getting married!
Rachel from Beach Bum Vacations, couldn't have put together a more perfect trip for our group.

The overall ambiance was calm and serene. The bulk of resort guests all seem to be in a "lay-back-chill" mode, which was fine for a relaxing luxury get away!

There are usually cons to be found with All-inclusive restaurants, but our entire group of 20, ranted and raved on how ALL OF THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS!!! Some of the servings were small, but this helped us managed our "girlie" figures for the evening! Besides, with All-Inclusive...just order more, when hungry!

Our bi-level penthouse suite was modernly styled, comfortable, and equipped with Jacuzzi tub, full kitchen, and PRIVATE rooftop deck w/ an additional outdoor Jacuzzi! The staff was warm and welcoming. The SPA delivered impeccable service at um...well a pretty steep price, but the overall experience of being treating like a "Queen" was worth every dime!

Now, there were a few flaws to note: Construction in our building affected water loss in our room for 1 hr and infrequent use of the elevator. My roommates and I were a little annoyed, because the front desk did not alert of us in advance. We appropriately expressed our concerns and the concierge attendant, Ana Karen, sent us some lil perks! :-)

P.S. I did later discover you could also get a beach-side massage for about $30/hour, adjacent to resort beachfront...but this is not associated with resort! Either way, I soaked that up as well!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Many Thanks for sharing your experienced and a big thank you to Rachel from Beach bum for ensuring you booked the perfect hotel for this wondeful celebration!

I'm glad to read that you felt like a queen and that you were treated with the level of excellence that you truly deserve.

I have take note of your comments, i'm sorry you did not receive prior notification of the brief shortages experienced. I will ensure that my staff notify all guests prior to such events in the future!

I hope that you will choose to relive your experienced very soon at the Azul Fives Hotel

Best

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

So as we are on the plane heading home from 6 spectacular days in Mexico with friends for a beautiful wedding of two amazing people, I have to reflect on the high and low points of the property from my perspective. Unfortunately we experienced a difficult situation with continuous flooding in our room with the toilet water leaking on a daily basis multiple times a day. Unfortunately we were told time and time again it was fixed when in reality it never was. It took 3 days and much aggravation before the management did anything about my requests to have our room changed. Angel was the front desk manager that finally made certain this would happen and finally by late afternoon on the third day we were moved. My biggest frustration was the promises that were never delivered and the idea that we should be ok with a downgraded room in order for us to be moved. I appreciate all that Arturio, our friends wedding planner did to help and as previously stated Angel who stayed longer after his shift was over to make certain the move finally happened.
The many high points of the trip and the property in particular was the wait staff and the spa services and spa staff. Sergio and Denise in the spa were wonderful. Alexander and the infinity pool bar staff were on their game and ever so delightful.
I can't say for certain I would return to Azul Fives but the wedding was beautiful on the beach and a great group of people enjoyed many days of sun, fun, friends and family.
I would also note that it is a very family friendly property so if you are looking for no kids this shouldn't be one of your top choices

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite is the way to go if you are traveling with kids..large verandas, lots of space...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Firstly , It was a pleasure to host your holiday and be part of this special celebration, to be entrusted with a wedding event is very special and we feel very privileged to be chosen as hosts.

i'm sorry that you experienced some challenges during your stay and its disappointing that the service your received is not a true reflection of the superior quality that we usually provide, clearly we were not performing to our best and I can assure you that i have taken note of your experiences. I am glad that Angel was able to assist you , along with many other members of staff that you have mentioned. Your praise will be graciously received and the employees will be rewarded accordingly.

Keswick, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

just returned from a 2week holiday.I feel so angry I had to review(first time).we had 3 days of not being able to get into our room (key problem) lift was more out of order than working,water and drinks not left in room most days,I rang for bottled water and got the plumber at the door.so so annoying,5 star hotel ???this is not an hotel,it is apartments that people have bought into,their service must be 5 star as they are all well looked after,if you are just package holidays forget it.We asked for 4 ice creams we got 2 also asking for coffee which never arrived.as for babies if you do not pay extra for 1 or 2 bedroom apartment there is not much room for cots.the standard rooms are only comfy for 2 adults and they are only 3/4beds not double.as for the toddlers play area,not all toys work,many batteries needed in toys.we had 18 month old twins with us,guess what they were put, on the 2nd floor I must say the grounds were really lovely and well kept.there is only 1 bar on a night, sky bar no choice and lacking in entertainment.Iam very angry at the service we got we expected far more I have stayed in far better 3 star hotels and been very happy.

Room Tip: if you are more than 2 to a room you have to pay to upgrade
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
firstly i would like to apologize for what seemed to be a less than perfect family stay . I'm sorry that we fell short of expectations and that you experienced some challenges that considerably affected your stay.

unfortunately, from this review , I do not have your full details to complete a full investigation however please feel free to contact me personally so I can look into your comments further.

Huntington, West Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Our travel agent, Lisa with Beach Bum Vacation, knocked this out of the park. Such a wonderful trip. The resort was much more than expected. The food was wonderful. The staff was extremely helpful and very friendly. My group is already talking about going back next year. I would have rated the trip 5 stars if the pools had been warmer.

Room Tip: Our room had a roof top terrace which was nice but we didn't use as much as we should have. I th...
Waltham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a great week at Azul Fives. The hotel and its location are beautiful. The staff was top notch in every way. The pools and beach were beautiful. The main restaurants (4) offered a nice variety. The poolside cafe/bars (3) were really convenient. Good drink service on the beach or poolside. We had a lot of fun watching the spider monkeys swing down from the trees and grab bananas out of people's hands. We took a good day trip - "Coba Express" - offered by Olympus tours. Two comments: 1. A few too many kids for us. 2. Free internet access would be good as we don't travel with a laptop.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Fives Hotel, by Karisma, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
thank you for your brief but insightful review of your experiences! your feedback is truly appreciated and I'm glad to know that we exceeded your expectations.

The Azul Fives Hotel is a family friendly hotel but please remember we do have other hotels such as the Azul Sensatori that is also family friendly but with adult only areas and accomodation. In addition we also have our adults only hotels that you may want to consider in the future. I have also taken note of your comments concerning our internet services and the relative charges

Overland Park, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This was suppose to be only three year old, but it look like it was it was 15 to twenty years old. Our room was not clean. The service was just average. The food was just average.They also were more of a family place.

Room Tip: looking out on the pool
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
I'm sorry that the Azul Fives Hotel fell short of expectations. I would like to confirm that the hotel is a newly constructed resort that has been open a couple of years only. I'm sorry to say but I do have to disagree with your comments about the age of the hotel , it is obvious that the hotel is a new hotel and even though we have our teething problems, we are working tirelessly to perfect our service and facilities.

All azul hotels are very family focused however we welcome couples of any age to enjoy our wonderful and unique Gourmet Inclusive vacation experience

General manager
gm@azulfiveshotel.com

Been to Azul Fives Hotel, by Karisma? Share your experiences!