I was looking for a family friendly place to take my kids in Mexico. I read all the negative reviews on here but chose to ignore them and try it for myself. It's the only one that had enough room for my family to be comfrtable. AZUL FIVES DID NOT DISSAPOINT!!! From the moment we checked in to the moment we left we encountered so many warm and friendly staff. Manuel at the Palmas Swim UP Bar treated us so well, he was wonderful to my kids as well. They still talk about him regularily!!! Diana was our main gal for pool service, always friendly and fun. She made sure we were well taken care of! We booked the 1 bedroom suite pool walkout. What a great choice. We were in Building 1 and I could be on the HUGE patio while my sons were in the pool. Well worth the upgrade!
I read so many negatives about the house keeping services.......I don't know what they are talking about. Our guy was truly amazing. With the kids things could be a bit messy but he made everything look like new again. For the people who complain......maybe try tipping everyday.......He was truly amazing and appreciated the $10 we would leave him and would go out of his way to make sure we had extra towels, coffee and would leave us a handwritten thank you note. I wish I could remember his name to Thank him.
Sergio at the spa made my spa experience wonderful. What a beautiful spa they have there. Definitely book the hydro therapy, it made my last day there a wonderful thing!
I enjoyed the Superbowl at the Zky Bar, they put on a great little party and the staff was run off their feet but NEVER did we have an empty drink. No matter who got the points, the staff would take their time to drop everything and cheer!
We didn't use the main pool very often because we had everything we needed in our Palmas pool and enjoyed the peace and quiet.
We will absolutely be back to that same resort. We are already planning to bring my mom and dad and Sister and brother down with us next year. I can't wait to see everyone again.
From what I saw and heard from the people staying there, Most were overly happy with their stay. For the rude ones that had nothing better to do than complain and treat the staff awful.......were the ones not tipping either! I can't blame the staff for not treating them as well as they did us. Try having a little respect and maybe you will get some back!!!! The staff work very hard and always ended our "Thank You" with "Its my Pleasure"
I can't say Thank you enough for making my kids first real vacation extremely memorable. To all the staff at Azuls a HUGE thank you from the Caldwell Family. We will see you next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 10 minutes from charming Playa del Carmen, Azul Fives Hotel is noted for enormous suites designed for families and friends with up to three bedrooms with rooftop decks. Activities and special experiences foster togetherness for families, couples and groups of friends. The 360-suite hotel offers the renowned Gourmet Inclusive® concept, as well as flexible meal plan options to suit all agendas. Private barbecues highlight family activities, and the Kid’s Club sponsored by Fisher-Price® caters to children. Rooftop Weddings inspire soon-to-be-married couples. The 24-hour room service and full-service concierge ensure memorable vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Azul Fives Hotel, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Fives By Karisma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Azul Fives Hotel, By Karisma Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico