I paid for a wedding at this facility in late October. I have beean dealing with them about some problems we had. I know that they will try to write their polite letter telling me that they will take care of the problems in future. So far I have not had any resolution. Here are some facts you should know.
1 Azul Fives is a nice resort. Rates vary and best thing is to book on one of the discounted sites.
2 Here are the problems we experienced.We stayed in three bedroom suite in building 6. Our elevator was not working. It took them time to fix it.
3 If you go to the Sky bar, do not leave your sell phone on the counter. Only our guests were there dancing and some one took away cell phone.
4 If there is a problem, the hotel will blame the people in Florida and people in Florida will blame the hotel staff. No one gave us straight answers.
5 I was promised by "Mario" the hotel manager that he will respond to my needs and "help me in any way", except that he did not return my calls or e mails.
6 Unless you are doing a very small wedding, I would avoid this chain because the people in Florida, especially the wedding coordinator nenerv communicated with any of us after we got to Mexico and people in Mexico said that they could not get hold of her.
7 I checked the parent chain with BBB in Miami area. They are not a member. There was one complain against them in April 2012 that I could tell. BBB appear to think that the chain is not in business (my conclusion).
If you need details about my bad experience, please send me a private communiocation.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Fives By Karisma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Azul Fives Hotel, By Karisma Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 10 minutes from charming playa del carmen, azul fives hotel is noted for enormous suites designed for families and friends with up to three bedrooms with rooftop decks.Activities and special experiences foster togetherness for families, couples and groups of friends. The 360-suite hotel offers the renowned Gourmet Inclusive® concept, as well as flexible meal plan options to suit all agendas. Private barbecues highlight family activities, and the Kid’s Club sponsored by Fisher-Price® caters to children. Rooftop Weddings inspire soon-to-be-married couples. The 24-hour room service and full-service concierge ensure memorable vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Azul Fives Hotel, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.