Our stay at Azul Fives was short. Only three days. But for three days I had not a care in the world.
we were greeted by a very pleasant front lobby staff. She processed our arrival quickly, answered our questions and sent us on our way with Champaign on a golf cart to our room that included a tour of the facility. A very nice touch, it took the "were the hell is the food" out of our vocabularies.
The one issue with reception was our room was supposed to have been a two room suite, ( I was traveling with my sixteen year old daughter who needs hours of mirror time) the room we got was a one room with two double beds. I ask about this when we received our keys. I was told that is what the travel agency booked for us, and after comparing documents she was correct. So, the resort did exactly was what asked of them. Why do I tell you this? They said if the resort would not have been full, Azul would have placed us in the room we thought we had. ( A review of the travel company will be coming shortly.)
Our First Meal.
After dropping our bags off at the room, we took a short walk to the Palmas pool bar. We were met by Jose, who is your server at that bar. We became close to Jose throughout our stay. He made our trip fun from the word go. Every time he saw us he would shake my hand and ask how we were doing. Now if you go here give Jose a shout out.
The room was clean and comfortable. Tile floors throughout. A large sliding glass door to the patio which was large too. The entry to the rooms are through a locked door into a small vestibule then you use your card again to enter your room. Ours was 811-2. I felt safe for me and my daughter at all times.
The restaurants were all very good. The menu at the dining locations other than the buffet were the same everyday we were there. The Buffet changed every night. An example is, one night might be american night, the next seafood night so on and so forth.. But, it was all very well prepared, fresh, hot, tasty.
I spoke with Frenado the executive chef on afternoon as he was overseeing the evening meals. He explained the detail he expects from his staff, in the restaurants as well as the pool cafe's. His expectations are very high, and the quality of the food shows.
I had read a few reviews of the beach. It was a little rocky along the edges of the property. But for the most part it was nice a soft sand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 10 minutes from charming Playa del Carmen, Azul Fives Hotel is noted for enormous suites designed for families and friends with up to three bedrooms with rooftop decks. Activities and special experiences foster togetherness for families, couples and groups of friends. The 360-suite hotel offers the renowned Gourmet Inclusive® concept, as well as flexible meal plan options to suit all agendas. Private barbecues highlight family activities, and the Kid’s Club sponsored by Fisher-Price® caters to children. Rooftop Weddings inspire soon-to-be-married couples. The 24-hour room service and full-service concierge ensure memorable vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Azul Fives Hotel, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Fives By Karisma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Azul Fives Hotel, By Karisma Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico