“Surprisingly very good” 4 of 5 stars

Pizza Pazza
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Improve this listing
Ranked #456 of 729 restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night
Chicago
“Surprisingly very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

When I overheard some strangers walking on the street calling it "f***'in" good pizza in 2006, it peaked my interest. Growing up on NYC pizzas and now living in Chicago, I've had my fair share. It was better than Chicago pizza and almost as good as NYC pizza with my preference being for the pizza I grew up with. My NYC friends and sister all agreed it was really good. We tried pepperoni, shrimp and some vegetable. I think we went back the next day and I ran back there the morning before my flight just so I could eat on it my trip back home. I am eating there next time I'm in PDC.

51% Recommend
Los Angeles, California
“Uninspiring hole in the wall, catering to unsuspecting and drunk tourists.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

This review is for the one of a few around town that is on 10 avenida, south of 10 calle, near Coco Bongo.

We'd seen a few of these pizza outposts the night before when we took in the Quinta drag and came back to our hotel on 10 at 10. It was really late and we needed something to keep our guts full till the morning. Sadly, food fell short.

The slices were thinner than what I expected, they lacked any trace of what I'd call sauce, and they seemed room temp, though it was very hot and humid at 11pm.

We had the three cheeses (which I didn't finish), a pepperoni (passable, though the slices were not nearly thin enough or cooked properly), Hawaiian (just ok - bland, ham not so good), Ortolana (which smelled fishy and we ended up tossing).

The location was a bit seedy, but considering the hour, that might as well been expected.

The only bright spot was the service. The man behind the counter was happy and helpful and in hindsight, I kinda feel for the guy, knowing the hours and kind of clientele he must get on a nightly basis.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Mmmmmmm...pizza pazza es muy bien”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

Located right by our condo (and the coco bongo nightclub for a better reference point) and totally hit the spot. $1.75 for a pretty delish greasy slice of pizza after a day lounging at the beach or at the end of the night with a belly full of cervesa left me wanting to purchase more everytime we walked by. Would def. recommend if you are in the area...

winnipeg
“Best Pizza in Playa, I want to buy a franchise!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

So far I have tried the 3-cheese, pepperoni mushroom, and pepperoni, but by far the best was the Shrimp. The crust and cheese are incredibly light and tasty.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
delaware
“There everywhere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2009

At least that is what it seems when walking around Playa del Carmen. The pizza is not the world's best, but it is tasty, inexpensive and available late at night. A great grease stop after imbibing too many tequilas.