“FOOD POISONING!” 1 of 5 stars

Pizza Pazza
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Improve this listing
Ranked #509 of 787 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“FOOD POISONING!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stay far far away from this place. I went here with 2 friends on Monday Feb. 18, 2013. Within 2 hours of eating pizza with spinach on it, all three of us all had food poisioning. There are seveal locations, we ate at the one located near Calle 10 and 5th Avenue. We are guessing the pizza had been sitting out too long and the spinach was washed with local water. And BTW, it really wasn't that good of pizza either.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“What you pay is what you get”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Nice and very fast food while shopping in the 5th Av. of Playa del Carmen. A good slice (or in this case - rectangle) of pizza for 30 pesos (about 2.5$) is a good deal. Most of the day they have a variety of toppings so that anyone can find its place.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada
“Good end to an awesome night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

Good price for what you get. If you're expecting a thick crusted Canadian/American pizza, this is not for you. More of an Italian style thin crust pizza. Very good after a night of drinking. :)

• Visited February 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Surprisingly very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

When I overheard some strangers walking on the street calling it "f***'in" good pizza in 2006, it peaked my interest. Growing up on NYC pizzas and now living in Chicago, I've had my fair share. It was better than Chicago pizza and almost as good as NYC pizza with my preference being for the pizza I grew up with. My NYC friends and sister all agreed it was really good. We tried pepperoni, shrimp and some vegetable. I think we went back the next day and I ran back there the morning before my flight just so I could eat on it my trip back home. I am eating there next time I'm in PDC.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Uninspiring hole in the wall, catering to unsuspecting and drunk tourists.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

This review is for the one of a few around town that is on 10 avenida, south of 10 calle, near Coco Bongo.

We'd seen a few of these pizza outposts the night before when we took in the Quinta drag and came back to our hotel on 10 at 10. It was really late and we needed something to keep our guts full till the morning. Sadly, food fell short.

The slices were thinner than what I expected, they lacked any trace of what I'd call sauce, and they seemed room temp, though it was very hot and humid at 11pm.

We had the three cheeses (which I didn't finish), a pepperoni (passable, though the slices were not nearly thin enough or cooked properly), Hawaiian (just ok - bland, ham not so good), Ortolana (which smelled fishy and we ended up tossing).

The location was a bit seedy, but considering the hour, that might as well been expected.

The only bright spot was the service. The man behind the counter was happy and helpful and in hindsight, I kinda feel for the guy, knowing the hours and kind of clientele he must get on a nightly basis.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere