“Excellent Italian food & atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Excellent Italian food & atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed 12 days in Mexico. Last day we found Casa Mediterranea on 5th Aven. in Playa del Carmen. Best food during our 12 day stay, best ambiance, best food and a great location. Real Italian owners and waiters make the whole picture complete. Next time, we'll go there again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best Italian Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have been to Casa Mediterranea 3 times in the last few years- always a treat. Wonderful homemade pastas, the whole lobster dish is outstanding! All the food we have gotten has always been delicioius. Service is excellent. Definitely worth finding, you won't be disappointed!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lewisville, Texas, United States
“Got to try it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Highly recommended. What a great surprise. I guess this is what italian food is supposed to taste like. This place if completely different than any other italian rest I have tried. The food seem authentic and homemade. Service was very good. The ambiance is very interesting with lots of interesting art all over the restaurant including the menus. Location also is very beautiful. You must try this place.

Melbourne, Australia
“Mmmmm mmmmmmm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Trip advisor just asked me if this was one of the best meals I've eaten out. That's a hard question because I eat out alot but the answer would be leaning towards yes. From the get go the restaurant was fab. lovely staff, bread upon arrival and bruschetta too (maybe overkill especially for myself as GF but a lovely gesture). I had the beef with rosemary which was to die for. My partner had a homemade pasta with a duck Ragu - yum!! The wine was good and not overpriced. Beers to start and cocktails to finish with a reasonable bill to follow! What a night. I only wish we'd discovered it sooner.

Visited July 2013
“I WISH THEY HAD 7 STARS! WOW!....JUST WOW! IF IN PLAYA, YOU MIST GO HERE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

This place is a hidden jewel in Playa. It is set back off the strip, so it can be hard to find. TAKE THE TIME TO FIND IT! :D. The service was outstanding. Seated promptly and never needed a thing. The second the wine was running low, it was refilled. I am not one who likes to be served, but I couldn't react fast enough to beat their staff! I had fish and shrimp raviolli. The pasta was perfect. The taste was supreme. Most Italian places rely on garlic to give the flavor. Not here. Their chef cooked the pasta and the halved cherry tomoatoes to perfection. Our waiter paired wine perfectly. Honestly, this was the best place I ate at in Playa. Check it out. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited June 2013