“best lobster and all you can eat!” 5 of 5 stars

+52 984 8031200
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Lobster is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1a sur y 5ta
Description: In July 1996 Blue lobster opens in Playa del Carmen to become a favorite of locals and tourists to enjoy a delicious lobster, fish and seafood. Built with tropical wood, stone slab, thatched roofs and waterfalls that give an extra relaxation touch. We always try to satisfied and exceed our customers’ expectations. Excellent food, polite waiters and a fantastic view of the fifth Avenue will make you spend an unforgettable night.We have capacity for 130 persons on two levels and an air conditioning area to 22. Blue lobster makes a compromising bet on mexican wine and regional sea dishes that result in a perfect union. They have created perfect unions for their wines’ selection through a very special menu that proposes the perfect combination between their gastronomy and their wines. As three dishes’ menu with different wine suggestions in order to please every palate: reds, whites, roses and foamy wines.
quebec,canada
“best lobster and all you can eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

this was recommended to me from a friend and it is a must should you go,presentation,portion,price all excellent!
back in Canada,a meal like this would go for $150.00 with no wine!yum

Visited January 2013

85% Recommend
  • Polish first
Preston, Lancs
“Not as good as we had hoped!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

After such good reviews on TA, we decided to try the Blue Lobster for lunch. There was only two other couples in at that time. Service was pleasant and prompt and beers very cold. We ordered the seafood platter to share with lobster, muscles, shrimp, squid, salmon and white fish. To be honest it was just ordinary. Wish we had chosen lobster in a sauce but hey our mistake.
Have had much better grilled lobster elsewhere!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Just a bad night”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Every restaurant can have a bad night in the kitchen or the front of the house there are many things can go wrong. I hope that’s what it was because this is my first negative review. I only post on the amazing and now the opposite end. Ok here goes; this was the worst lobster I’ve ever had. I've cooked countless live lobsters at home. The first time I cooked one, he boiled for 30 minutes and it was not near as tough as this one was. I always get lobster where I can and at every restaurant I can. I enjoy letting it slowly melt in my mouth, imagining I am the Great Pit of Carkoon. Sometimes I even dip my fork in the butter and put just the buttered fork in my mouth while the lobster is slowly being consumed. There was no happy factor here. It was more like a tough piece of steak that you couldn’t spit out. My wife’s was another story. It was just a messy mush of lobster and white sauce. I didn’t want to eat hers because I had to save room to finish mine because of how bad it would look if we didn’t finish the most expensive meal of our whole trip.We liked everything else about the Blue Lobster but our food was disappointing.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Relaciones Publ... B, Public Relations Manager at Blue Lobster, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear costumer,

We are very sorry you didn't have a good experience with us. Thank you to take a time to write us your comments.
Iowa
“Enjoyed Our Streetside Table & Lobster Entrees”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We decided to splurge and take a break from tortillas, salsas, beans & rice and the Blue Lobster looked like a nice change of menu. Plus a gin & tonic sounded like a nice change after several days of cervezas & margaritas. Their elevated streetside tables also looked inviting and since it was only later afternoon we were able to nab one without a reservation. Being a people watcher, the streetside table gave me alot of subject matter. And of course eventually a Mariachi band came by serenading the tables.

Most places in Mexico serve warm-water lobster grilled. I really prefer a whole cold-water lobster boiled. But I thought, why order Maine food in Mexico? So I tried their lobster pasta. The broccoli came a little overcooked and their alfredo sauce was on the thin side, but the pasta was al dente with large chunks of lobster, so overall I'd rate it a good entree. My companion did order one of their lobster tails. He liked it and his side dishes, an al-dente vegetable medley and a baked potato. The waitstaff we had were attentive and professional.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mexico DF
“Worst Cost / Value too expensive for what it is”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

The food is OK but it is what I call a total tourist trap. The lobster was small and tasty but the fish was terrible. If you just want a nice place and you don't mind about the food... then it is ok

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere