“Nice atmosphere, great food ” 5 of 5 stars

+52 984 873 1382
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Description: ****** We Do Not Accept Credit Cards ******Carboncitos serves authentic Mexican, Mayan, Charcoal Grilled Steaks & Seafood at an attractive price. Be it breakfast, lunch, happy hour, or dinner; it's the consistently delicious meals served that keeps guests returning again and again.
“Nice atmosphere, great food ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

The garlic shrimp is topnotch; a must-have. Service was friendly and attentive. Would definitely go back.

HotelCielo, Owner at Carboncitos, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you Gckewells for taking the time to write your review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your self & had a great dining experience. By the way......Excellent choice, the jumbo garlic shrimp are delicious & one of my favorites as well.

Gckewells, we know there are many restaurants in Playa del Carmen, so thank you for choosing Carboncitos & we hope to see you when you return to the Riviera Maya

90% Recommend
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“trip advisor had made this popular, not the food!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I felt I should visit here based on reviews but it felt pretty average. My boyfriend had a chicken burrito which he really liked, but said it was a bit plain and I had pork tacos, which were reheated/pre-cooked and a bit dry. The food came so quick, that I knew it wasn't fresh and while it was fine for what we paid, I don't personally get the hype.will keep looking for better Mexican food.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
HotelCielo, Owner at Carboncitos, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Thank you Leanne for you review, although we disagree with you, we try to learn & improve from each comment.

I would like to address your issues:

We are confused by your comment your boyfriend, "really liked" the burrito, but it was plain, I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but how do you, " really like" something that is .....plain.

Please accept our apologies that your tacos were dry, this should not have happened & we would have gladly replaced them & this had bee addressed at our last meeting.

As for your comment about reheated & not being fresh, this is absolutely not true ....
and we take comments like this very seriously, All our dishes are prepared to order, all our salsas, soups & guacamole are prepared fresh, we even have a tasting for quality & consistency, my wife & or my self do this daily.

As for the pastor we choose to make a small rotisserie daily instead of a large one that last for days like most places, we have even been voted top 5 for our tacos.

Also we are not Tripadvisor hype like you say, we have won many awards & we thought we would share one of our latest with you, voted # 2 Best Mexican Restaurant in Playa .....voted by locals, so we are not a typical tourist trap, when the locals eat it you know its good. Just search, Playa del Carmen top 5 Mexican restaurants to see results.

Leanne, we are truly sorry you did not enjoy your meal, we hope you decide to return & experience what Carboncitos is all about.
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I love how the waiters carry your margarita on their head. Good food for reasonable price. We ate their on our first night and we were happy with our experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
HotelCielo, Owner at Carboncitos, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you Sarah for taking the time to write your review.

We are delighted that we were able to start off you vacation with a great dining experience and the waiters really enjoy putting on there little show, I tried my self, not such a great outcome ,LOL, its quite difficult.

Sarah, we know there are many restaurants in Playa Del Carmen, so thank you for choosing Carboncitos & we hope to see you when you return to the beautiful Riviera Maya
Maryville, Tennessee
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I ate hear after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed! Very fun and friendly staff. The waiters bring your drinks balanced on their heads! The margueritas were excellent. We shared an order of guacamole with tortilla chips (yummy) and then the Tacos al Pastor (pork) platter. You get 5 tacos and some beans. With the guacamole first, this was plenty for us. Tacos were great. We even got entertained by a Mariachi band!

Visited May 2013
HotelCielo, Owner at Carboncitos, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you Lenore for taking the time to write your review.

We are delighted that we were able to live up to our reputation & create a great dining experience for you & your husband.

I see that you had ventured off from one of the all inclusive hotels & hope that you new discovery of our beautiful town keeps you coming back to Playa del Carmen, maybe even stay with us at Hotel Cielo :)

Lenore, we know there are many restaurants in Playa, so thank you for choosing Carboncitos & we hope to see you when you return to the beautiful Riviera Maya.
Steven Krisztin
“Best option on (right off of) 5th Ave”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Breakfast, lunch or dinner, you can't really go wrong at Carboncitos. It's so convenient to most of the places I frequent on the South side of 5th. I usually end up there 4 or 5 times in a week. For breakfast, the enfrijoladas are excellent. Tacos al Pastor and Shrimp Alhambre are a couple of my favorites other times. A very solid menu, decent prices, and a great location make it a good option for Mexican fare. Service is pretty good and you can usually snag a table just about any time of the day or night. There are better options farther off the main strip, but I recommend it if you are wanting to stay close. Not a tourist trap kind of place at all.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
HotelCielo, Owner at Carboncitos, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you Tom for taking the time to write your review.

We are delighted that you decided to share your experiences with future travelers.

I see that you are a local or some one who frequents Playa & we appreciate the kind words so thank you for separating us from the tourist traps, we definitely have a good rapport with the locals and will continue to keep it this way, we need to cater to both, locals & tourists.

Tom, we know there are many restaurants in Playa Del Carmen, so thank you for continuing to choose Carboncitos & we look forward to seeing you soon