Location - steps off 5th on 26th, right in the middle of the promenade and a five minute walk to Mammitas Beach (way better than the beaches south of the pier). Perfect.
Noise - you have to be careful where you stay when you're in Playa...you can get caught with a club next door that bangs away till 5 in the morning. There is one bar that plays music till 2 near The Royal Palms but we couldn't hear a thing from our unit.
The Apartment - stayed in Unit 3 which is a ground floor unit with a one bedroom loft. The apartment was awesome. Beautifully decorated, full kitchen, 2 bathrooms (both with showers), flat screen tv's in both the living room and bedroom, bedroom was a loft with a King Bed (very comfortable) and bathroom. There was even a washer and dryer in the unit. Couldn't have asked for more.
The Building - small, about 12 units around a courtyard with palm trees and ornamental shallow pool (not for swimming, but you could certainly dangle your feet). Very pretty and extremely well maintained.
The Service - managed by BRIC, and they do a first class job! From pre-trip communication to on-site service, they're management is excellent. Even provided a welcome package with some beer, chips, and other goodies. They provide all the amenities you would need in the apartment, beach chairs and towels, laundry detergent and dishwashing soaps, salt and pepper etc. We like to stay with a kitchen so we can cook for ourselves and not eat every meal out and you hate to have to buy all those things for just a week. They also provided daily maid service (they even washed the dishes) - everything was very well handled.
Downsides - not many. There is no pool, but the beach is so close. They were having some issues with internet service while we were there as they have just recently switched to wireless but based on the way BRIC takes care of things I would guess that this will no longer be an issue by the time anyone reading this review gets there.
OVERALL WE GIVE THIS PLACE 6 STARS...WE'VE FOUND OUR NEW HOME AWAY FROM HOME IN PLAYA...WE'LL BE BACK!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Palms features our high-end, luxury collection of private homes for rent.The Royal Palms is a boutique collection of 10 private condo homes, each offering a vast and unique array of amenities and serviced by Playa del Carmen's leading vacation condo rental company, BRIC Vacation Rentals. The Royal Palms offers 1, 2 and 3 bedroom homes, available for weekly and daily rentals with the benefits of hotel like service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Royal Palms Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Palms Condominiums Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Palms Condominiums Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico