“Exceeded my expectations - Awesome place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hacienda Tres Rios

You added Hacienda Tres Rios to your Saves list
Hacienda Tres Rios
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Tulum, Km. 54, Playa del Carmen 77760, Mexico   |
Ranked #68 of 199 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Vail, Arizona
“Exceeded my expectations - Awesome place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed at the La Herencia (Hacienda Tres Rios), and it was one of the most relaxing vacations that we have ever had!

The rooms and service at La Herencia were excellent. Our Butlers were fantastic, continually making sure we had everything we needed. My wife and I “salute” Adrian, Miguel, Emanuel, and Rodrigo for looking after us during our stay... They made restaurant, activity, and excursion reservations for us, reserved beach loungers/beds each day that we needed them, and of course the special touches to the room that made this a vacation to remember ... Also, the maid service with the special towel decor was an outstanding touch and shows the elegant side of the service at Hacienda Tres Rios, and made for fantastic memories! Elo the La Herencia (roof top bartender) was awesome; made every drink we asked for and was always pleasant and very helpful.

There were so many different activities to do, which also made this an adventure… All of the staff emphasizes the beautiful natural resources of this property. The Catamaran trip with Miguel at the sail was fun and informative... He maid us feel part of the team! Additionally, I would like to pass on a special note about Jonathan.

Our first experience with Jonathan was in the sports bar Saturday night where he was emceeing the guessing game for TV shows, movies, and cartoons. He was very entertaining, and kept the crowd enjoying themselves... we had a great time! His personality and energy kept the crowd engaged and we were very pleased.

Our next experience with Jonathan was on the Sunday afternoon Segway tour… Jonathan was very thorough training us on the Segway's and keeping us entertained while also watching out for our safety. We also learned a lot about the history of the Hacienda Trace Rios and the Cenotes, what a fantastic experience… Jonathan is definitely a person that I would recommend to anyone for any tour.

I would like to pass on a few more kudos… our restaurant and service experiences were unique, fun, and most of all, rewarding. Luis was our server on a couple occasions for Lobster and Fillet night and also at the Portobello restaurant. He kept us entertained, while providing excellent service during our dinners. Additionally, our waiter (Speedy Gonzales) at the El Alebrije for dinner on our first night provided an outstanding start to the experience at the resort.

A special thanks goes out to Barbara (our concierge) for an informative welcome and first experience at the resort. She explained in detail the welcome package, and made sure we had a great experience out of the gate!

Additionally, Shauna (spelling) was very helpful about other activities at the resort, the local area and adventures, and helped us feel comfortable and secure. Kudos for her team!

I know I have missed many staff members at the Hacienda Tres Rios resort that in one way or another made this a rewarding experience… Thank you so much for the great experience!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
DavidZCancun_Mexico, Manager at Hacienda Tres Rios, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your lovely comments and will make sure to pass them along to our staff.
We hope you will come back to your home away from home soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (694)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I visited The Tres Rios for second time this May.The resort is very nice and clean. Great food! It was hard to decide where to eat and what to pick from great selections:Start day with cafe latte and pastry at Cafe de Paris, breakfast at Alebrije served with big Gonzalo or Gregorio smiles ; a bite or two of fresh wood baked pizza at Il Forno pizzeria. Refreshments around the pool and on the beach served by Filiberto Pootpout who never seems to slow down! If you also like to explore underwater beauty of Riviera Maya I highly recommend you look for Sophie Bouziri and the Coconut Divers. With all this great experiences I almost forget about our room refrigerator which didn't work for over 24 hours -even my husband went in person four times to reception to complain about it. I still love Tres Rios and I will be back as many times as I can . Tatjana S.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I must say everything was great, from the hotel to the cenotes. My husband and I went snorkeling and also did the bike tour; it was beautiful. We managed to relaxed by going with Mau on the catamaran it was just awesome, he was super friendly without overdoing it. I recommend every bit of it.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My husband and I made the huge mistake of using this trip for our honeymoon! we knew we would have to sit through a 90 minute sales pitch, but it ended up being 6 hours of sever High pressure sales tactics, they promise you the moon and stars, and make you think its for free. I am a sales person so I had no concerns going into the pitch, I was confident they wouldn't talk me into anything.. But after 4 hours of pressure from the entire sales staff they broke me. I can't explain how they do it?? But I know it should be illegal!!! Don't waste your time. The place isn't that nice and the beach is horrible. It looks more like the Mississippi River then the ocean. it was a Horrible experience, I would not recomend it to anyone.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
We regret to hear your honeymoon experience at Hacienda Tres Rios did not meet up to your expectations.
We do hope you will give us a second chance to provide you with an excellent vacation experience.
Binghamton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Love Tres Rios. I would highly recommend going here. Did not want for anything.
Erick Lopez the bell boy was fantastic.
The Segway trip was loads of fun. Very easy to master. of course Omar the instructor was so great. Enjoyed stopping and swimming in the Cenotas. I had a massage everyday. Both Isabel and Nelsy were fantastic made me feel very relaxed and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Lomita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Activities emphasize the beautiful natural resources of this property. This includes the staff. The Catamaran cruise with Miguel enthustically at the sail was fast, fun and safe. Wind matters! Alejandro, Diana and Michel were all equally fun with the Kayaking and snorkel tour. For a surprise delight enjoy the Sense Adventure. Once more the staff adds flavor to the adventure - naturally.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The resort is very nice. Comparable or nicer than Sandals resorts we have stayed at in the past. The rooms are good sized. The vegetation is really unmatched compared to other places we have been. What really sets this place apart is the staff. They all seem so genuinely nice. Alejandra runs the Kids Club, and does an amazing job. She kept 10-12 kids busy with activities from 10-6 each day. We really can't say enough good about that part. Our two daughters loved it. Alejandro took us on a fun Segway tour, and Tony is a lot of fun whatever he is doing. The nightly shows we saw were dramatic and well done (Mayan Show and Michael Jackson tribute). The beaches are very nice as well. We read a lot of negative things about the beaches, but we disagree. There is some seaweed that washes up, but the staff cleans the beach each morning. It had no effect on us. The food is very good as well. We particularly liked the Hacienda Grill near the pool. Sol and Miguel treated us to excellent service more than a few times. We really don't want to leave in the morning, but we will come back a second time.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Junior Suite, which was two connected rooms. This was comfortable for our family of...