“Unforgetable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hacienda Tres Rios

You added Hacienda Tres Rios to your Saves list
Hacienda Tres Rios
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Tulum, Km. 54, Playa del Carmen 77760, Mexico   |
Ranked #63 of 201 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
“Unforgetable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Hacienda Tres Rios is a place I will definitely visit again! The rooms were comfortable and well kept, the location is beautiful, the food was delicous and the staff were fanominal! 4 staff members stood out to me, Leo and Omar made my jungle tour a blast! Plus Leo did an amazing job of running karoke and water arobics, he gave everyone a good laugh. Another employee that stood out to me was Palermo/Memo, he was very enthusiastic about his work and also got my family + more involved in a wicked volleyball game. Lastly Cony, she was constantly offering me and my family her assistance and was fast to complete our requests. Overall it was a fanominal experience and I can not wait to return!

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
San Fernando, San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Very comfortable hotel with great views. Wish there was at least one heated pool for the overcast days and a few more indoor activities, especially for kids. Also wifi access should be more available throughout the hotel. Must give a special shout out to ALL the workers there who were extremely courteous and helpful to my family and myself, especially Barbara and Isabelle at the concierge desk, Trinidad at the grill restaurant, Jonathan K. and Omar at the Segway tour, bellhops Arun and Erick and our sales rep. Nils Lundberg. The food was wonderful, the drinks exotic and the customer service outstanding and the kids had lots of fun taking pics of the fish and wildlife on the compound. For a true customer service experience, Hacienda Tres Rios is a must visit.
Mark B.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This is our 5th visit, this time with a couple of good friends. There are too many excellent service personell to mention them all, but Luis and Gregorio took very good care of us once again at breakfast and the grill. Chef Oscar makes sure the food remains excellent. Our last evening in the kitchen at the Chef's Table was a real treat. Jose prepared seven exquiste courses and Gilberto tended to our every wish. Our friends went fishing and brought back a fish that the chefs prepared two different ways for our evening meal.
Our outing to Ek Balam with an excellent guide was worth the many hours of driving. We most enjoyed the 4 hour yacht cruise from the Sunset Marina, nice lunch plus service and the snorkeling near Isle Mujeras would be hard to beat: large schools of barracuda!. We were also able to scuba dive with Coconut Diveres right from the hotel beach.
We did have some complaints about the red wine that was served chilled several times and the some bar tenders that were not schooled in mixing our martinis, but the overwhelming impression is still very positive and we will return!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

The best part of this day was a spacious and comfortable room with a nice beach. The disappointing part of our stay was definitely the food! Very bland and plain. Some of the food here I would even rate as poor quality. Very disappointing since we purchased an all inclusive food and beverage package here at the resort which was not cheap. Save your money and go elsewhere for your food.

Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

first and foremost this is a beautiful property with many beautiful pools. I need to thank Arely in the patisserie for making a fabulously decorated and great cup of coffee. Victor Sandoval was our waiter every day and gave us the best service I have ever received. As soon as we sat down for breakfast he brought us a plate of bacon and a plate of salmon which he knew we enjoyed. The pool service was excellent.
As far as the food and beverage goes..... I feel the price of 240.00 per couple per day is exorbitant for the quality of both food and alcoholic beverages. The food was awful!! The Italian restaurant told us we had no reservation at the time that we had reservations. We waited outside for 40 mins. After which the food manager took care of us. As for the lobster night , my lobster and grouper were served raw.... We walked out. The Asian restaurant was gross. The waiter screwed up our order and all the food was Cold!! A table next to us all walked out with full plates of food on the table, what does that say?! The Mexican restaurant had great flank steak although it was a tiny portion. I ordered it 3 nights later and it was thin, tough,, dry and definitely not flank steak.
The alcohol was not all top shelf as stated. I ordered Kaluha and it was an off brand.... In Mexico-really!!!!!!! The vodkas were absolut, Stoly and Smirnoff and they tasted watered down!
The patisserie had great coffee but the pastries were the same EVERY DAY!
I highly recommend the Chefs dinner for an extra charge. It was wonderful!
This would be a great all inclusive resort if the quality of the food and drinks greatly improved. I gave my complaints to the food manager who was delightful.... I just hope this will create change.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Port of Spain, Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great hotel, very nice. I took the package where I had to attend a timeshare meeting.However Internet connection was only in the lobby, not the rooms.walls in rooms was thin u can hear everything and the concierge service changed after we did not buy into the timeshare. The food was fantastic and the resort was clean.service in kotori restaurant was the worst. Do not go there. Also only one key was given per room which was an inconvenience. It looks like they are trying to follow Starwood resorts which is way superior to them. I am happy I did not buy into this

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My hope is that anyone attending a timeshare meeting will not buy in to 7+1 weeks the resort is now pushing its members to buy. We purchased this ridiculous package last year for an enormous amount of money believing you can rent largely discounted luxury rooms anywhere in the world for $150-$399. Tried to book a place after we got home and guess what those great discounts don't exist, well that's not true, they do exist but only if you catch the "sweet weekly deal". We came back to the resort this year to meet with management to insist that they make things right, of course they said there is nothing they could do. Buyers beware - don't buy into those promises only to walk away with empty wallet.

• Stayed December 2014

Been to Hacienda Tres Rios? Share your experiences!