We were at Hacienda Tres Rios last week, Nov. 4-8, 2013, and we had a wonderful vacation. The All inclusive plan worked well for us - all food at all the restaurants prepaid and unlimited, and almost all activities (such as snorkel, kayak, sailboat and Sensory tour) prepaid and unlimited. The room was spacious, clean and quiet. The main beach is fine for sunbathing, but the water is dirty and we didn't see anyone swim there. But the adjacent beach between the rivers is clean and very nice - we and others swam there. It is a nature park and that's a main feature, so take advantage of kayaking, snorkeling and the nursery tour to see what they are doing as an ecopark. Food at the restaurants was quite good, and waiters Javier and Miguel were especially friendly and helpful. We had a spectacular dinner at the Alebrije Mexican restaurant, thanks Chef Olga! The staff in general were very positive, especially guides Mathias and Janina - they helped make it a very pleasant stay. We went on the Sense Adventure at the hotel and really enjoyed it. I won't describe because it depends on (pleasant) surprises, but it is well designed and operated, to open our senses. If you go it is a great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury and sustainability create unforgettable vacation experiences at Hacienda Tres Rios, an all-inclusive resort located in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Nestled in a 326 acre pristine nature park, this natural paradise boasts three fresh water rivers and 10 cenotes (natural occurring sinkholes) and is home to over 90 species of fauna and 120 species of flora. Hacienda Tres Rios resort brings together luxurious accommodations, gourmet dining and a wealth of activities on the shores of the spectacular Caribbean Sea in the Riviera Maya.The resort's 273 spacious suites feature a modern design inspired by the Mexican hacienda style. Each suite features 300 thread-count Egyptian cotton linens, extra thick luxury mattresses and a pillow menu. Most suites also have a Jacuzzi for two and spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea. Designed to ensure you never run out of dining choices, Hacienda Tres Ríos resort offers countless options; private dining alternatives, a sommelier (wine steward), 24-hour room service and a variety of specialty restaurants ranging in taste from Italian and Mexican to French and Asian cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Splendia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Hacienda Tres Rios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Tres Rios Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Tres Rios Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico