“Excellent service as always” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hacienda Tres Rios

You added Hacienda Tres Rios to your Saves list
Hacienda Tres Rios
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Tulum, Km. 54, Playa del Carmen 77760, Mexico   |
Ranked #64 of 200 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent service as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I would just like to mention how spectacular the service is at Hacienda Tres Rios. It was our fourth visit and everything was excellent as always. I would like to thank our special waiter, Gregorio who does such an outstanding job at the Hacienda Grill everyday. Gracias Gregorio, todo fue estupendo (el servicio, la comida y las bebidas).
Maria y William de Montreal, Canada.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
DavidZCancun_Mexico, Manager at Hacienda Tres Rios, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank your for sharing your experience at Hacienda Tres Ríos specially your nice words about our staff which inspire us to continue offering a great service with a great smile.
It is always our pleasure to be your host and we are already looking forward to your fifth visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (675)
Dacula, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

While you can find many places with an excellent beach there is a tradeoff. The beach here is really bad. However, you can go to a sister property to find a great beach with blue water. What is exceptional is the pool area. Most of the areas are shaded so you can go and just relax every day, which is what we needed. The room is amazing. We had the best view and a extra private bathing area on top of our room.

The staff is amazing. We had the same waiter Gaudencio for breakfast and lunch. After the first day, he knew exactly what we drank and when he saw us coming had it ordered and ready at the table. My children adored him. He and his assistant kept us and treated us like royalty. We hope the he waits on us during our next visits to this property. Our waiter and the Asian restaurant and Sergio and Gregorio at the Grill in the evening were every bit as delightful.

The food is really good but Americans must remember that they are used to Tex-Mex and that is not really Mexican cuisine. Loved going to the coffee shop for our daily coffee. There is a lot to do that is not sports related and is a great adventure. If you are looking for beach sports this is not your place.

Erick Lopez our bellboy was always helpful when we needed to find which van we needed to be on. Thanks to a wonderful staff at the resort. Proud to be a owner.

It is a timeshare but all we had to say was that we were there to solely relax and they left us alone. It does need some music by the kids pool by the beach. The waiters around the pool need to be more efficient. We had to run them down. They never came and asked us what we wanted. That is why we gave them a 4/5 because of the poolside service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DavidZCancun_Mexico, Manager at Hacienda Tres Rios, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on tripadvisor. We are glad to read you were able to experience our Mexican Hospitality and are already looking forward to your next visit and be sure Gaudencio will be waiting for you at Casa Las Islas.
We have already shared your comment with our Food & Beverage Manager in order to improve pool service, your satisfaction is really important for us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had a party of 11 on an extended family trip and we loved it. We were waited on hand and foot and felt very pampered. Most of our days were spent by the pool around the grill & bar. Christian the bartender there and Gregorio, one of the waiters in that area were amazing. They were so pleasant and remembered us everyday and what we liked to drink and eat.

We tried all the different restaurants and had great experiences at each one of them. It was fun for the kids to get to try different food (since it was all included) and then get to order room service later in the evening. The mexican restaurant is the only one that you have to have a reservation for and I would highly recommend giving it a try. It was definitely an dining experience that we all enjoyed.

I read some of the other reviews about having to tip the staff to get good service and about them hounding you to listen to their timeshare presentation. We did not tip any staff member until our last day and still had excellent service. Before we left, we did give both Christian & Gregorio a small tip for taking such good care of us. We were asked upon arrival about the presentation and then our personal concierge mentioned it one other time, but we did not feel like we were hounded or that our service was different after we told them we were not interested.

Our rooms were so spacious and had a great view. The minibar was stocked with drinks and was refilled daily. We requested extra bottled water and were brought a case to share with the whole family.

The only downfall I felt was that the resort is not really in Playa Del Carmen it is about 10 miles north, so if you want to do anything off the property you have to take a taxi to get there. Onsite, they have snorkeling, kayaking, bike tours, and swimming. We did all of these in the beautiful nature park attached to the resort and then spent the rest of the time relaxing by the pool.

Overall, our entire family had a great time at this resort and I would recommend it for a relaxing family vacation.

Dear Guest:
Thank you for nice comments. We are glad to know you had a great family vacation and were able to enjoy our amenities and our Mexican Hospitality.
We invite you to come back soon, it will be our pleasure to be your host again.
Lafayette, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I absolutely love Tres Rios! It is very clean and you get waited on hand and foot. The activities staff is incredible! They make staying there so much fun and are so friendly. Thanks Omar, Janine, Luis, Tony, and Gerry for a fun week :) miss you guys! The butlers were also amazing. Thanks Alejandro and Julio for taking great care of us! Cant wait to return again soon!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on tripadvisor. We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay at Hacienda Tres Rios.
We are already looking forward to your next visit, it will be our pleasure to be your host again.
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Dear travelers:

DO NOT COME HERE, we had a terrible experience. The hotel doesn't have a beach and the water is black. The food mediocre, you have to tip the staff in order to have a good service. My sons and I lost our beloved husband and father in February. I book this vacation to scatter his ashed in the Caribbean Sea and because we were going through a very painful situation, I though it would be a good idea to be together and be in the process of healing. We were staying at Sunset Royal and we invited to the Hacienda Tres Rios presentation. Oh my God it was the worse thing I have ever done in my life.
THE SALESMEN ARE SHARKS!!! waiting to bite you. They are aggressive, arrogant and pushy ready to scam and rob the tourists of every penny, forcing you to buy a time share. If you don't buy, they discriminated against you. The presentation lasted for more than 3 hours instead of 90 minutes that they promised. They keep you hostage until you sign the "contract". My sons and I supposed to be at the Mayan Palace, but the personnel at HTR invited us to stay at HTR. We stayed here for one week, but out most of the time in excursions and at Playa del Carmen, because of the lack of beach at the HTR hotel. After we were forced to sign, we thought we were getting 4 weeks, but NO it was for 2 weeks. After reading the "contract" I found out that they were giving us only 2 weeks instead of 4, what a scam! Next day I called to cancel, but they didn't allowed me. Even when we come back to the States, I continue asking for the cancellation, but they already charged to my credit card. Since then, I been dealing with this situation without any response. I feel that they took advantage of me for my vulnerability of my husband's passed away. I feel this "time share" is a scam. I hope Mr. David Z. the manager, read this and get back to me.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mansfield, Ohio, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

very nice facility. Clean, great service. Plenty to do. Loved the pool, extra restaurants and activities. Very dirty beach unless you walked south over the bridge. Beautiful over there. Most of us got sick. Weekend housekeeping was poor. Our room was not cleaned one day and our refrigerator needed stocked two days.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The staff is incredible. They are so polite and pleasant and willing to walk the extra mile for the guests. They are all super but I especially liked Jose Adolfo a waiter in Casa Isla and the Grill , Alexandra at the Paris Cafe and Ruben Kuyoc Alejandro who is a waiter in Casa Isla as well as at the pool. The housekeeper Delia is also very hardworking and nice. The chef at the Mexican restaurant is great. Actually he is the only good chef one. The manager at the kotori, Eddie is very gracious.
As for the food, that's a different story. My daughter and I got sick multiple times. We had to stay alot of time in our room instead of enjoying our stay here. We only drank bottled water. I spoke to the management but I am sure thy will do nothing. The food they serve is mediocre at best. I don't know how they can charge so much. Yes there is a lot of food in fact, an over-abundance but the quality is inferior. Such a nerve. When they want to sell you a time share they make it seem like this place is like paradise. I caution you not to buy until you have been here a week. Do not let them persuade you on the first days because you won't get the full picture. Trust me on this. You don't know me but you will thank me. Another thing that is pretty annoying is that they serve food that gets you sick and then they have the nerve to charge you for the hotel doctor and the medication that they sell at the hotel store is double of what you would pay in a regular store. They didn't even apologize. And I repeat they will not change anything because all they care about is making money. They also work their staff very very hard. Some don't get vacation and they work 6 days a week and they have monthly contracts . The staff relies on tips because their salary is so measly.
JL

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hacienda Tres Rios? Share your experiences!