We visited HTR in May and stayed in a two bdrm unit. This was our second visit to the resort and our experience was even better than the first! The staff was outstanding during our entire stay.
One of the biggest improvements from last years visit was the quality of instructors at Kids Club. We have two children ages 8 and 10 who participated in several of the activities last year and, while they enjoyed it, were not certain if they wanted to participate in this years activities. On our third day they picked a few of the activities and had such a good time they decided to attend nearly every activity the following day! They had a blast and raved about how fun the instructors were. Overall, a great service for families with young children which allows a little RR for the adults!
We highly recommend attending the "Circus" performance during a visit to HTR. It is great entertainment for the entire family!
Our family is fairly active, so we alternated our time between the cenotes (which our children love), the beach (the owners beach is very nice while the open beach is in need of serious repair), the pool, kayaking, and visiting Chichen Itza.
During this visit we ate at all the restaurants and were pleased with the service and food. However, the food we received at the Italian restaurant (adults only) was very average. I ordered a spicy seafood dish and was very disappointed at the lack of spice. The atmosphere at the Italian restaurant was very nice and our waiter did a great job which made our dinner very enjoyable.
Every member of the staff was very pleasant and is truly what makes a trip to HTR so enjoyable. Our children were looking forward to seeing Gregorio and were not disappointed as he is still working as a waiter and doing a great job. Additionally, Rene (manager of Casa La Isla) did a great job of ensuring that the customers were receiving everything they needed. Further, the cleaning staff always restocked our refrigerators and on several occasions made several different towel "pets" and left them on the beds for our children. They would also "tuck in" my daughters baby dolls after they had changed the beds.
Overall, it was the little things that made the difference!
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Tres Rios Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Tres Rios Hotel
- Hacienda Tres Rios Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury and sustainability create unforgettable vacation experiences at Hacienda Tres Rios, an all-inclusive resort located in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Nestled in a 326 acre pristine nature park, this natural paradise boasts three fresh water rivers and 10 cenotes (natural occurring sinkholes) and is home to over 90 species of fauna and 120 species of flora. Hacienda Tres Rios resort brings together luxurious accommodations, gourmet dining and a wealth of activities on the shores of the spectacular Caribbean Sea in the Riviera Maya.The resort's 273 spacious suites feature a modern design inspired by the Mexican hacienda style. Each suite features 300 thread-count Egyptian cotton linens, extra thick luxury mattresses and a pillow menu. Most suites also have a Jacuzzi for two and spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea. Designed to ensure you never run out of dining choices, Hacienda Tres Ríos resort offers countless options; private dining alternatives, a sommelier (wine steward), 24-hour room service and a variety of specialty restaurants ranging in taste from Italian and Mexican to French and Asian cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Amex, Otel, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Hacienda Tres Rios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.