“Wonderful resort, excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hacienda Tres Rios to your Saves list
Booking.com Priceline.com
Hacienda Tres Rios
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Tulum, Km. 54, Playa del Carmen 77760, Mexico   |
Ranked #53 of 198 hotels in Playa del Carmen
London, Canada
“Wonderful resort, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I spent the past week with my cousin and her three children 4, 6 and 8 years old, at this resort and just have to say it was a tremendous vacation. Our room was clean. The service was excellent from the moment I arrive to the time I left. The food was great. We enjoyed 24 hour room service, several restaurants as well as the buffet and many activities such as kayaking, snorkeling and catamaran trips free, all included. The children enjoyed the kids club and we all enjoyed the evening activities. In particular the kids enjoyed Monica and Tania who went out of their way as did Joel Mao. We met several Canadians there as well as many new American friends. I highly recommend this resort.

2,390 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
Ocean, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We went as a couple- both 42, both adventure travelers/partiers. So we get to this gorgeous place and it blew us away. New, fresh, clean, beautiful. Well thought out, from lighting to layout to eco - engineering. Love the sustainability aspect of it in the Mexican emerging marketplace. We really enjoyed the pools (no swim-up bars, just ask a passing service-staffer to bring you drinks and snacks) and we did almost every activity except taking the Hobie cat out and the Bike and Segway tours. Sneakers are required for the bike tour, and we didn't have time for Hobie. We went into Playacar for the beach two days, and both times went to Playa Del Carmen to hang out. PDC is all about the night life- loved it, and Playacar is gorgeous for the beach...perfect sand and water. The food at HTR is maybe a 6 or 7 out of 10. The Mexican restaurant was awesome- we spent A LOT of time enjoying some amazing tequilas, poured by my fave bartender, Theophil. He was amazing. Find him as soon as you can. All the guys in the Mexican restaurant were wonderful- Eloi, Jose and David were the life of the party upthere. We didn't go to the Italian restaurant. Ate at the buffet for dinner once. Ate breakfast buffet every day- it was awesome- fresh, varied and healthy (most of it was healthy.) He was on top of his game, and basically had our coffee and juice detox stuff down before we could sit. He was awesome. We skipped lunch or found something poolside- there is a cracker-thin crust, brick oven (wood-fired) pizza place tucked away behind the first pool called Al Forno- great place for a beer and a small bite. Hacienda Grill was all about the meat and cocktails. Nothing for vegetarians like me, but he dug it for the most part. Find Benjamin under the small palapas at the beach-side pool. He's a great dive instructor and snorkel tour guide. Enjoyed the dives- shallow reefs with some decent stuff to see. There is a sort of wasted space inside the lobby of HTR, the only bar open late. It's called The Sports Bar, and it's open until 1 am. Gustavo and Consuelo were behind the bar and always made good drinks, but the place needs music or something. It was always dead, with people zoned out to the footie on the TVs. We shot pool once, but the atmosphere was so weird and low key, it brought the vibe down too much. We used it as a last resort for drinks. We would make our way up to the room with drinks and then order room service when we wanted to get into the hot tub at night on our balcony. What can I say? We were spoiled rotten at HTR. Again, everything was awesome except for the lack of nightlife. We went in the beginning of the summer season, so I get that it was slow, but it was REALLY dead. Lots of families, a couple of weddings, some honeymooners. Go to Playa Del Carmen for the bar scene and the awesome walking promenade at night. Total fun. In the mornings, head to the small coffee shop, and no matter how banged up you got the night before, Alejandra Esparza would make sure I had a giant espresso to get us going again before we headed out to Chichen Itza, Diving and snorkeling with Benjamin, snorkeling and kayaking in the cenote and the sea (be careful when you wander on the sea kayak- we saw a big gator jump into the water three feet off our bow as we ventured into a sketchy lagoon- the northern most cenote outlet.) All in all, we had a fantastic trip all the way around. I hope you enjoy this place as much as we did. :)

Room Tip: Suite with jacuzzi on the balcony. Epic!
Glendale Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

First I want to let you know the names of the people I feel delivered nothing less then 6 star service: Rosalie SPA,Gustaco Consuelo sports bar, Santos restaurant grill, Gabriela ama de llavs,Consuelo sports bar, Gregorio, Matega front desk and a special notice goes to Silvestre the bell man for helping me and my guests to get a ride to the airport, that was already paid for to Premier Travel and who failed to pick us up as planned. Silvestre also gave us 6 star service. You should be very proud of your staff at this hotel, extremely impressive! Food was first rate, also above 6 stars. One person who I was very disappointed in was the concierge Vidol. He immeddiatly lost interest in helping me with anything as soon as I did not go on a tour of the units for a sale. I would advise anyone to steer clear of him. Do not use Premier Travel, very poor service.

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My family plus 3 other families (total 12 people) stayed at the HTR from May11 to 18th, . The resort is amazing, very new/modern. Facilities and rooms are clean and spacious, pool is clean and warm, lawns are manicured. The fresh water rivers and cenotes add such a unique touch to what Tres Rios is about. GOOD FOOD plus Great service. The staff – from the welcoming crew, the waiters, poolside servers, tour staffs were all great. They all go above and beyond their duties to make you feel like royalty. Very friendly and respectful people.

We were welcomed and helped through our check-in by Letisha who did a great job orienting us about the resort. Alex did a great job helping us through the tours and ins & outs of Playa del Carmen.

Mis amigos/amigas all did an outstanding job keeping the food and drinks flowing. I figured it was worth mentioning their names to give them full credit:

Javier, Carlos & Gaudencio from the Buffet
Gustavo & Consuelo from the Sports Bar
Emmanuel & Eloy at the Mexican
Enrique, Neltry & Juanita at the Grill
And our poolside buddies Victor, Bautista, Juanita & (again) Carlos.

We had fun doing their free tours – Kayak, Snorkelling and bike tours. Luis is a great communicator, and he makes the tour enjoyable. Joel is very accommodating when we did the Catamaran boat ride. We did the presentation with Sonia. She is very professional, patient and understanding as we went though the different scenarios of HTR ownership.

My only 2 criticisms – Night Shows and Beach.

Night Shows. To make nights more enjoyable for guests, there should be shows on a nightly basis, not every other night. And the quality of the shows should be improved.

Beach. I was advised that most part of the beach was washed away by the storm. It left most of the beachfront eroded and muddy rendering it non-swimmable. Although a small part of the beach at the left side is intact, it is very hard to find the spot. It is good to see though that on our final day of our stay, we saw trucks lined-up by the beach dumping white sand in an effort to bring back what was once (I was informed) a nice swimmable beach.

The PROS definitely outweigh the CONS. Hence I give HTR two thumbs-up. The actual beauty of the Resort plus the people behind it, contributed to such a wonderful vacation for the whole group.

Room Tip: Rooms are nice, clean and spacious.
memepag
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was the best vacation I have taken in the past 4 years! The airport transfer was great! Treated like a VIP! Upon check in, we were escorted to our room. It was beautiful! A jacuzzi on the porch! Although quite tired, we immediately kicked into our R&R mode. We dined at wonderful restaurants. Room service was terrific! Filberto Hernandez provided great room service. I loved the soaps that they supplied. The decor has inspired me to paint areas in my home. I met wonderful new friends and the staff was incredible. Luis Soto at the desk was incredibly helpful and always smiling. I understand he is a trainee, but you could have fooled me. He went way over and above what is expected.If I had a problem, Luis was there.Always a big smile and a very calming spirit! Not only was the pizza great but the staff was beyond excellent. Antonio, Juaquin, Elva, Carlos, and Veronica Great! Hats off to the cook, Pablo!!!!!! Gregorio was one of our waiters and was incredible. There was a girl named Angelica who did everything from checking the beautiful flowers in the lobby to keeping the restrooms sparkling. A beautiful smile and gracious! I must mention Jaime, Alejondra Esparza, and Brenda Salomon. Edwardo at the Grill was magnificent! The whole staff was incredible from the first hola to the last goodnight! We also went to the Fisherman's Village and 5th avenue in playa del Carmen. Beautiful beach and excellent food! Vicky gave me a back rub and I was in heaven! We met wonderful people and even an Earnest Hemingway look-a-like! My souvenirs include new friends, photos, sand, gifts for the grandkids and a peace of mind that can't be beat!

Room Tip: If you don't like the room that you are first assigned, ask if there is anything better. I did a...
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I accompanied my best friend and his new bride on their honeymoon to Tres Rios. Their first trip there, they were blown away by the property, the service and the "servants heart "attitude of every employee encountered. Led by Dallas Stratichuck, Shaunna Stratichuck, Sammy, Julio and all of the staff, made John and Katie's experience a "one of a kind". Katie was in tears that the employees would go so far out of their way to make their stay so memorable. They did. It could not have been better, and was more than was ever expected.
This property and her people are unmatched, period. This is the place to go! The nicest place I have ever stayed.....

Cardston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We just got back from our third time at the Tres Rios. as usual they have the best staff of anyone on the Mayan Riveria. We have been going to Mexico for the last 10 years and have stayed at many of the resorts and we really enjoy this resort in large part because of the staff!!! Our favorites are Fernando and Cornelio at the pool and Luis De La Cruz in the steak house, they all go above and beyond in the service they give and how friendly they are, we had so much fun joking and talking to them, they made our vacation so much better. The cleaning staff was also very good, our room was cleaned every morning within an hour of leaving the room, extra towels were brought in 2 times aday and we even had our beds turned down every night. We love this resort, so quiet and relaxing, we have already booked it for next year and we have only been home a week!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hacienda Tres Rios? Share your experiences!