The property itself was great had 2 good sized pools with lots of space. The motel itself was very elegant and nicely layed out. The beach was nice but a little walk across the bridge and had lots of fish to see in its lagoon. Could have used daybeds for guests and not just members as there is little shade anywhere and limited umbrellas. My favorite part of the resort was the nature park with several cenotes to snorkel in and 3 rivers to go up and down with kayaks or snorkel gear "it made the vacation". The 3rd river though I would be careful and probably not snorkel as we saw 2 crocodiles while kayaking it and it is more rustic then the other two with very shallow areas and others were it was hard to get the kayak through the mangroves since it became so narrow. The restaurants were wonderful we were limited to not eating at the Mexican restaurant due to us being allergic to nuts and could not eat at the Italian restaurant because was only for adults. But did eat at the others and the food was excellent could improve the selection of food at the buffet though as was pretty much the same food each time we ate there. The Chinese restaurant had very nice presentation and great tasting food. The pizzeria had unbelievable calzones and the grill next to the adult pool was excellent with good portions.The bar service everywhere on the resort was unbelievable never had such good service especially from Aracely. The downfalls of the resort though is that they were always trying to sell there timeshares. Saw many tours of the people getting the pitch. They asked us and we kindly declined and they took that well and never bothered us again about the timeshares. But they gave members better seating at special events and at the the beach and pools with there daybeds. The only problem we had was they forgot to pick us up at the airport and no one took ownership their mistake. Then it took about 1/2 hour to get our keys to work and 2 trips down to the front desk. But this was only a tiny problem. Would happily go back again. p.s the rooms were spacious and well layed out with amazing beds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury and sustainability create unforgettable vacation experiences at Hacienda Tres Rios, an all-inclusive resort located in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Nestled in a 326 acre pristine nature park, this natural paradise boasts three fresh water rivers and 10 cenotes (natural occurring sinkholes) and is home to over 90 species of fauna and 120 species of flora. Hacienda Tres Rios resort brings together luxurious accommodations, gourmet dining and a wealth of activities on the shores of the spectacular Caribbean Sea in the Riviera Maya.The resort's 273 spacious suites feature a modern design inspired by the Mexican hacienda style. Each suite features 300 thread-count Egyptian cotton linens, extra thick luxury mattresses and a pillow menu. Most suites also have a Jacuzzi for two and spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea. Designed to ensure you never run out of dining choices, Hacienda Tres Ríos resort offers countless options; private dining alternatives, a sommelier (wine steward), 24-hour room service and a variety of specialty restaurants ranging in taste from Italian and Mexican to French and Asian cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Splendia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hacienda Tres Rios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Tres Rios Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Tres Rios Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico