“Perfect winter getaway for our family.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hacienda Tres Rios

You added Hacienda Tres Rios to your Saves list
Hacienda Tres Rios
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Cancun-Tulum, Km. 54, Playa del Carmen 77760, Mexico   |
Ranked #67 of 201 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Fort Mac
“Perfect winter getaway for our family.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The service is amazing. We have so many options when visiting. Its perfect for the whole family, or just us to get some time alone from the kids. We always meet great people. Our first visit was in 2011, and we purchased a membership. Not that we were pressured to, but we thought it would be a good investment. It was. Not that you need to buy in to enjoy the resort. many people don't that absolutely love it there. And they return as well.

The beaches, rivers, and mangroves create an amazing ambience when lounging. One of the highlights is that even with a full resort, you can get excellent locations on the beach anytime during the day. Having activities like kayaking and snorkelling included with the all inclusive is a bonus too. It is no wonder why guests from blue bay and other resorts from down the way end up spending the day on our beach.

Our family recommends it. We will return next year.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms. the rooms in the "10" and "20" building are probably th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DavidZCancun_Mexico, Manager at Hacienda Tres Rios, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your nice comments. We are delighted to read you are already a member and enjoy coming back year after year, it is always a pleasure to have you back.

Next time you visit us remember to take the Segway tour and see the nature park, nursery and beach on this two-wheeled self-balancing battery-powered electric vehicle.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (732)
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We spent 5 nights at Tres Rios and had a very positive experience. The staff are very helpful and courteous. Silvestre the" Bell boy " helped us to sort out our return trip to the airport. Hector the concierge introduced us to the resort and answered questions that we had. Maria as well at the concierge desk was knowledgeable and capable.The meals were amazing in the speciality restaurants and we had no problem getting a table. The resort is young and still expanding so the beach directly in front of the resort still needs some work due to seaweed. there is a beach that has been cleared 100yds away on their property that is great for kids with shallow water , light waves and white sand. There is a bike tour and a snorkel tour on the grounds.The bikes are not of great quality to enjoy and the helmets are cracked and don't fit well. Hopefully, new bikes are on order! A few minor items needed fixing in the room and these repairs were taken care of within the hour. The rooms and the grounds are immaculate, and the gardens that were planted from the onsite nursery are beautiful. We would recommend this resort to others .

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments. We are glad to read you enjoyed the property and overall visit toTres Rios Nature Park with its 326 acres of pristine tropical rainforests intersected by three winding freshwater rivers, decorated by ten fascinating cenotes (cave-like sinkholes with natural wells), home to 120 species of plants and 90 species of animals. It is the only nature park in the Yucatan Peninsula that includes three distinct ecosystems: jungle, mangrove forest, and coastal dunes.

Next time you visit us remember to take a Hobie Cat Tour and sail along the beaches of Hacienda Tres Ríos on the Caribbean Sea.
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My wife and I really appreciated the fact the hotel was Eco-friendly and had a mission to perverse the Cenotes and surrounding environment. We have experienced all-inclusive resorts before and were not impressed with the food and beverage selection but we were pleasantly surprised at the quality and selection of food at Hacienda Tresrios. The hotel doesn't have the greatest stretch of beach but the other unique amenities like snorkeling in the centoes, bike tours, and hotel atmosphere makeup for it. They had a great coffee and dessert restaurant and the Italian restaurant requires a dress code which is worth it once you try the food. We went as a couple and had a relaxing experience, this is not a party spring break booze resort. We noticed they do cater to children and families but we appreciated the separate adult pool and amenities. We travel a lot and we were still impressed. We would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the beach.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

We appreciate the time you took to share your experience at Hacienda Tres Rios. We are delighted to read you had a wondenful time and it will be our pleasure to have you back.

Next time you visit us remember to experience our Chef’s Table. A 7-course dinner in the Chef’s private kitchen.
Minot, North Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Ok, there's very little to complain about with this resort. People who complain either have much more money than I do, or are just negative people looking for one thing to "ruin" their trip. Like the person who complained about the food. Really? You're judging a resort based on one or two meals you didn't like? Even though I had a breakfast or two I wasn't impressed with, this is low on my list of things to talk about when rating a RESORT. The fact that they even had a vegetarian menu for my fiance is an automatic win in my book, but we all thought the food was grand. I say complainers are too myopic because I've noticed that all of the negative reviews tend to focus on one specific thing, rather than judging the merit of the whole experience. Overall, I felt that there was something for everyone, and that the resort values your being there.

Anyhow, my review: From day one this resort made myself and my family feel welcome. We came from temperatures of -20F or -12C to the beautiful area of Cancun, so it was a welcome break from winter. Regardless, I found that the service, facilities, and opportunities here were top notch. My fiance and I must have ordered room service at least 50 times, and each time the food was to die for. Between stopping at the desert bar, the beautifully kept beaches, the many food selections, the kayaking, the swimming, and the entertainment, there really wasn't a time where we felt we were "on our own". The resort would always provide for us, and the extras my family wanted to set up were planned to perfection by the resort. An example of the kind of resort this is: we went to a horse show that was about an hour away. Our driver started heading back. While at the show we were hit by a short but torrential rainstorm. Unbeknownst to us, the resort had been keeping an eye on the weather and communicating with our driver. They'd had him turn around mid-trip, so rather than being on our own in a questionable part of town, we were able to leave immediately after it was canceled. This is the type of thing they did for us throughout our entire trip. If I have one complaint, it's that the wireless internet was horrendous, essentially unusable. For some this may not be a bother, but don't expect to do any business online, or if you're an internet junkie like me you'll be having withdrawals. However, if you're spending all of your time online in a place like this, you ought to have your head checked. Oh, and one other thing: the rooms were NOT like Super 8 as one idiotic reviewer stated. I felt like I was staying in the Hilton all week with my jacuzzi and sink-in soft bed. Excellent! I'd go here again before trying anyplace new in Mexico!

One last thing: this is not a good place for alcoholics (not that we are--just sayin')! Since drinks were included, they plied us with them everywhere we went! Seriously, they keep the alcohol flowing. By the end of the week, I think everybody was boozed out. Lots of fun, but we're still recovering.

Room Tip: A few people had problems with their A/C. Call right away and they'll fix it. Also, just the nat...
Dulles, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We just spent an entire week at Tres Rios, and were so happy with the resort, the food, the ammenities, and the care at the Kid's club during our stay that we are arleady planning another trip.

Star and Silvia were the primary people at the Kid's club that ensured my 8 year old daughter had a fantastic time. They did crafts, went kayaking with the kids, and spent time playing games at the beach and at the pool. They even created their own hand made pizza by the pool.

Next time, we will spend more time on our own and I know my daughter will be completely happy and cared for by the kid's club staff.

The rest of the resort is beautiful too. The food is super, not your typical stuff, but lobster dinner, steak by the pool, and something for everyone. We were happy and so were the kids.
As an all inclusive resort, even the drinks were included. We went kayaking, snorkling and biking too---all included!

The rooms are beautiful and ours included a roof-top private deck. A wonderful way to spend the morning, with the breeze, sunrise, and a view of the ocean from above the trees.

I highly recommend this resort. We cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: Some have the roof-top deck, some have a tub on the deck, higher up have a view over the trees. If...
Dear Guest:

Thank you for you nice comments. We know how important holidays are for our guests who visit us and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay while you were with us and your daughter did as well at our Kids Club, next time you visit us remember there is a camping night at the kids club if you wish you can have a Luna Maya dinner by the moonlight.

We look forward to your next visit.
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Reyna Reza convinced my husband and I to upgrade our membership during our recent stay - we are both happy that she did.

Angelica Campos is a concierge and she further reinforced the wisdom of our decision. She explained how the services worked during a private roof top dinner - her thorough knowledge and pleasant demeanor was most helpful.

The pool table in the sports bar is desperately in need of upgrading. A second pool table should be purchased and staged outside in the covered area - this will encourage family interactions without waiting.

Dear Guest:

Thank you for comments. We are delighted to read you are already a member and had a wonderful stay with us. We will definitely take your comment into consideration.

Next time you visit us remember to relax, refresh your mind, rejuvenate your body, and cleanse your soul by treating yourself with a Spa treatment and benefit from both modern spa technology and the Mayan wisdom of the past at our Ya'ax ché Spa.

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I just got home from a glorious eight days at the Hacienda Tres Rios. From the moment we checked in, we were made to feel ridiculously welcome.

I have never been to a hotel where they bring you drinks while checking in, but it was a really sweet, nice touch. We asked if there was alcohol in there because my wife is pregnant--- they assured us there was no alcohol, and congratulated us non-stop.

From there, we were asked to take a seat to meet with our concierge and get the tour of the facility. Hector “The Protector” could not have taken better care of us. We got the entire layout of the facility, made sure we had a voucher to return back to the airport for the end of our trip, told us when all the best entertainment was going on around the hotel, booked activities for us, and made sure he wrote everything down for us in schedule format. We didn’t even get to accomplish all he laid out for us. During the week, I saw him as I was running in the hotel for a minute and he waved me over just to say hi. I asked him about doing snorkeling through their cenotes for a second time, and how much it would cost. He asked if I meant on-property. When I said yes, he said it was free, and he could get me in for 3 that afternoon. I said I wasn’t sure; I would need to check with my wife. He wrote the ticket and said, if you use it, great, and if not, no big deal. He really helped make the trip a total pleasure.

When they say all-inclusive, they do mean all-inclusive… I had a dopey misadventure only about an hour into our time at the hotel… When we were walking their natural pier, I was barefoot. I didn’t see a rock sticking out of the ground a little, and when I stepped down hard, I got spooked, spun around, and basically screwed my toe down into the porous rock. As I hobbled back, I told my wife I did not want to bleed through their lobby, so I would just wait at the Hacienda Grill. The lifeguard came and started to take care of me, but he saw I did too much damage. Their in-house medical guy (not a doctor, but kept encouraging me--- they would bring one) cleaned out all the sand, and bandaged me up really nicely. He told me to come back the next day and cleaned it all out again, re-bandaging. Every time he saw me around the resort, he checked to see how I was doing. The service did not cost me a penny.

Less than halfway through the trip, we were sitting around talking about who we are going to bring next time!

The food was spectacular. Every restaurant has its own unique and delicious flavor. The few times we had lunch, I loved the wood pizza. If it’s busy season, plan your time appropriately; it takes a bit of time--- but its worth it. For dinner, the Asian fusion restaurant has a Plantain Sushi that is fantastic! I think my second favorite restaurant was the Mexican restaurant. No matter where you go, the service will be spectacular. If I had any criticism about the food, it’s that the desserts were not especially delicious. There were good desserts, but not exceptionally delicious desserts. I think we were spoiled by their meals! The first floor buffet was really good for breakfast, but not extraordinarily special for lunch. The staff at all the restaurants took fantastic care of us. We only used room service a few times, but the food was enjoyable every time.

If you don’t speak Spanish, not to worry. Most of the staff is at least conversational in English. And if you make the effort to try to speak Spanish, they will help you.

The shows that we saw were all very entertaining. Sometimes a little kitsch, but that was part of the fun too. Their welcome show/dinner actually had a singing concert put on by teenagers where they performed in English, Spanish, and Chinese. Definitely fun to listen to, but try to avoid being right by the speakers. Music was a little loud where we sat. Also, make sure you catch the Mayan Dance Show. Truly great.

The beaches were wonderful. Sand was well maintained, and the view is gorgeous. If you go to the pool or the beach, your wait staff will be equally well attentive at getting you drinks. If you dont know what you want, just say I am looking for something like _____. They will bring you back something delicious. I highly recommend the Dirty Monkey (Mono Susio).

I can’t wait to come back and see the resort and all the great people again. We really were made to feel like we are a part of something special. Thanks for a lovely time at a beautiful destination.

Room Tip: Come and enjoy the trip. If your room isn't perfect, then get outside and enjoy all the service...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hacienda Tres Rios. It was our pleasure to be your host and we are glad to read you had such a wonderful time and were able to experience our warmness and Mexican hospitality which we have become known for.

Come back soon and live a Ya'ax che Spa experience where you can relax, refresh your mind, rejuvenate your body, and cleanse your soul to prepare for your upcoming baby.