Ok, there's very little to complain about with this resort. People who complain either have much more money than I do, or are just negative people looking for one thing to "ruin" their trip. Like the person who complained about the food. Really? You're judging a resort based on one or two meals you didn't like? Even though I had a breakfast or two I wasn't impressed with, this is low on my list of things to talk about when rating a RESORT. The fact that they even had a vegetarian menu for my fiance is an automatic win in my book, but we all thought the food was grand. I say complainers are too myopic because I've noticed that all of the negative reviews tend to focus on one specific thing, rather than judging the merit of the whole experience. Overall, I felt that there was something for everyone, and that the resort values your being there.
Anyhow, my review: From day one this resort made myself and my family feel welcome. We came from temperatures of -20F or -12C to the beautiful area of Cancun, so it was a welcome break from winter. Regardless, I found that the service, facilities, and opportunities here were top notch. My fiance and I must have ordered room service at least 50 times, and each time the food was to die for. Between stopping at the desert bar, the beautifully kept beaches, the many food selections, the kayaking, the swimming, and the entertainment, there really wasn't a time where we felt we were "on our own". The resort would always provide for us, and the extras my family wanted to set up were planned to perfection by the resort. An example of the kind of resort this is: we went to a horse show that was about an hour away. Our driver started heading back. While at the show we were hit by a short but torrential rainstorm. Unbeknownst to us, the resort had been keeping an eye on the weather and communicating with our driver. They'd had him turn around mid-trip, so rather than being on our own in a questionable part of town, we were able to leave immediately after it was canceled. This is the type of thing they did for us throughout our entire trip. If I have one complaint, it's that the wireless internet was horrendous, essentially unusable. For some this may not be a bother, but don't expect to do any business online, or if you're an internet junkie like me you'll be having withdrawals. However, if you're spending all of your time online in a place like this, you ought to have your head checked. Oh, and one other thing: the rooms were NOT like Super 8 as one idiotic reviewer stated. I felt like I was staying in the Hilton all week with my jacuzzi and sink-in soft bed. Excellent! I'd go here again before trying anyplace new in Mexico!
One last thing: this is not a good place for alcoholics (not that we are--just sayin')! Since drinks were included, they plied us with them everywhere we went! Seriously, they keep the alcohol flowing. By the end of the week, I think everybody was boozed out. Lots of fun, but we're still recovering.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury and sustainability create unforgettable vacation experiences at Hacienda Tres Rios, an all-inclusive resort located in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Nestled in a 326 acre pristine nature park, this natural paradise boasts three fresh water rivers and 10 cenotes (natural occurring sinkholes) and is home to over 90 species of fauna and 120 species of flora. Hacienda Tres Rios resort brings together luxurious accommodations, gourmet dining and a wealth of activities on the shores of the spectacular Caribbean Sea in the Riviera Maya.The resort's 273 spacious suites feature a modern design inspired by the Mexican hacienda style. Each suite features 300 thread-count Egyptian cotton linens, extra thick luxury mattresses and a pillow menu. Most suites also have a Jacuzzi for two and spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea. Designed to ensure you never run out of dining choices, Hacienda Tres Ríos resort offers countless options; private dining alternatives, a sommelier (wine steward), 24-hour room service and a variety of specialty restaurants ranging in taste from Italian and Mexican to French and Asian cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Splendia, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hacienda Tres Rios reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Tres Rios Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Hacienda Tres Rios Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico