I agree with the posts mentioning that the bed was amazing. I liked it so much that we took a photo of the brand and make (Sealy Comfort Side) so we can buy it at home! The room was very tastefully decorated (we got the standard downstairs suite), which included a garden. The rain shower was beautiful, we heard no noise from the other suites at all. The hotel has a turndown service was lovely.
The staff greet you by name and were friendly and extremely helpful. Mayra helped us book tours (I can recommend Aventuras Mayas snorkel adventure) and even our next hotel. But the thing I loved the most was the infinity pool overlooking the ocean. It was like being in a post card.
Yes, it is true that the water in front of the hotel has a few rocks in it, the upside is that few people swim there making the view even more perfect.
It was absolute heaven, and you can rent out the whole place (25 rooms) for a wedding if you want.
The food was not stellar, breakfast, which was included to our surprise was just fine. However, dinner was a fancy but not particularly good and very expensive. It's worth paying the taxi to go into town. Lunch however was excellent we stayed for lunch on our last day so that we could the chicken tacos. They were expensive but awesome!!
The pool was perfect and yes, the temperature was perfect as were the cushioned lounge chairs. There was a couple during our stay who were making out in the pool like they invented sex! However, we can hardly blame the hotel for that.
If you like to sail you can rent a catamaran from the all inclusive further down the beach (who also have a nice beach) called Sandos Caracol for about $30 US for an hour.
If you like the look of Le Reve you might also like to spend a couple of nights at Hotel La Amada in Playa Mujeres.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Reve Hotel & Spa, a 25 room boutique hotel right in front of the Caribbean sea, located 10 km North of Playa del Carmen. Enjoy excellent Mexican hospitality and cuisine in a setting of splendor and tranquility. Enjoy a majestic comfort just for adults, in the middle of nature, great privacy, delicately personalized service and a splendid view over the sea. Le Reve Hotel & Spa, the dream becomes real. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Le Reve Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Reve Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Le Reve Hotel And Spa
- Le Reve Playa Del Carmen
- Le Reve Hotel & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico