If we had not read the reviews about the road leading to this hotel, we would have thought we were being kidnapped! Staff at reception (Jesus) was very friendly, showed us to our room and explained everything. The restaurant and pool area were very nice, and the beach had nice chairs and umbrellas and a couple of hammock beds. They offered free snorkeling equipment, beach shoes, and even some sun tanning lotions. You will need beach shoes to get into the ocean as it is rocky getting in. Once inside, you can enjoy a nice swim. You can also enjoy very long walks along the beach in either direction.
Room - absolutely charming – not big, but perfect size with everything you need and very nice rustic/modern décor. The balcony was huge with 2 comfy chairs and table with a partial view of the ocean. We enjoyed sitting there and listening to the ocean in the evenings. The only thing that was a bit off was the curtains – they did not close all the way due to an attached table, so we had to pull the curtains over the table. Also, it would have been nicer for the curtains to open in the middle to be able to open them partially to enjoy the nice view without completely exposing our room (ourselves). The minibar is locked, they will only unlock it if you order something, so we didn’t use it. If you have your own drinks (e.g. water, beer), just ask for a bucket of ice at the restaurant.
Between 4:30-5:30pm they offered a complimentary tea service at the bar.
Only con: on our 3rd night when taking a shower before dinner, the hot water kept diminishing until it finally stopped completely. Apparently, new guests had arrived and it was a peak hour when everyone was showering, so beware it can happen to you.
Restaurant – we had breakfast, lunch and dinner and enjoyed them very much. Quality of food was excellent – for lunch we recommend the mixed salad with chicken (not on the menu but they will make it if you ask), or the “sopes de tinga”, which comes with a very spicy sauce on the side. For dinner we strongly recommend the corn soup (very generous size-serves 2), as well as the scallops with risotto or the fettuccini Alfredo with either shrimp or chicken.
Overall very nice stay - we recommend.
- Also Known As:
- Le Reve Hotel And Spa
- Le Reve Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Le Reve Playa Del Carmen
- Le Reve Hotel
- Le Reve Hotel & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Rêve Hotel & Spa, a 25 room boutique hotel right in front of the Caribbean sea, located 10 km North of Playa del Carmen. Enjoy excellent Mexican hospitality and cuisine in a setting of splendor and tranquility. Enjoy a majestic comfort just for adults, in the middle of nature, great privacy, delicately personalized service and a splendid view over the sea. Le Rêve Hotel & Spa, the dream becomes real. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Jetsetter, Tablet Hotels, Travelocity, Prestigia, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Le Reve Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.