This EDM on the Mayan Riviera is a first class resort for couples. This is my husband's and my second trip here in the past year as a result of becoming immediate members with Exotica. Our accommodations are in the Jr. Jacuzzi Oceanfront on the far side of the chapel. We have most every amenity inside our ground floor room. Outside our patio doors we have a comfortable lounging bed, a large private pool only five steps away, and a glorious oceanfront and swaying palms immediately beyond the pool. You would have to see it to believe it. I can't imagine ever staying anywhere else - except perhaps in their emerald suites - glorious one bedrooms. We are seriously considering upgrading our membership.
Yesterday, our personal concierge, Diana, took us on a tour of a selection of the Karisma resorts, specifically the El dorado Casitas Royale. We had asked to see their Emerald Suite in this resort. Upon entering the Emerald Suite No. 3201 we felt we were entering the set of a renowned South Pacific movie. We were breathless. It was not only a small piece of heaven, it Was heaven...my husband nor I have ever seen a more beautiful and peaceful suite/location in the world, never mind on the ocean here at Karisma.
We are tempted to empty our bank account just to stay three nights (their minimum stay, I believe). However, with my husbands small pension and my non -profit cancer work, I doubt we will ever be able to.
Accommodations aside, the butlers, waiters and housekeeping staff at EDM are most kind and considerate. They are professional, helpful and want to ensure your stay is perfect. One staff member, Augustin, the Captain at Papito's and Saborra's, has made it his utmost pleasure to pull out of you everything your heart desires, and to make it a reality. Even something as simple as an A1 "steak sauce" request that the restaurant could not accommodate for us...Augustin went into town on his day off and purchased it for us, and also bought an extra for the other guests at the resort. If that isn't personalized service, then we have no idea what is. Thank you Augustin.
A special thanks also to Diana, who is doing her best to see to our comfort and happiness here. Everyone has been wonderful, and we want you to know that just because your name is not here, that you have not played any less of a role in making our stay special. There are so many of you wonderful and kind, we don't remember all of your names.
We are going to stay one more week here, in this Paradise of yours...
Thank you all.
Jeanette & Glen Marshall
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Maroma, a Beachfront Resort, By Karisma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- El Dorado Maroma, a Beachfront Resort, By Karisma Hotel
- El Dorado Maroma Hotel
- El Dorado Maroma Resort
- El Dorado Maroma, a Beachfront Resort, By Karisma Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of Travel Channels Top Ten Beaches in the World, El Dorado Maroma is an upscale, exclusive Caribbean resort for romantic couples and active vacationers alike. Intimate and beachfront. Rustic and luxurious at the same time. the hotel provides outstanding services and gourmet cuisine. Receive personalized butler and concierge service, arrive with style with a champagne check in. It is rustic, because it is not pretentious and was built using traditional materials and with the philosophy of embracing the bounty of the nature and the local environment. It lies directly on the beach of Maroma, considered to be one of the best beaches in the world by independent reviewers, including the Discovery Channel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your El Dorado Maroma, a Beachfront Resort, by Karisma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.