“beautiful and tranquil” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
los angeles
“beautiful and tranquil”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Villa Merida is a hidden jewel. The facade is modest but the interior is surprisingly swank. Luis, the manager, is a superb host. For a business trip, romantic getaway or adventure, stay here. If you're interested, Luis will cook dinner for you. He is a terrific cook and the dining room setting takes you back to the old world.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Before leave after a couple of weeks in this part of Mexico, we want to said what a fantastic experience we live in Yucatán, we visit a few hotels and a lot of places that made us feel alive!!! swimming at the chenote is an amazing thing, walk in the colorfull streets in Merida, hear the music and see the dancers and local folklore is more than we expect to find. We appreciate a lot the service and profesionalism we got where we consider the best hotel in Yucatan (we stay at 3 different hotels) The Villa, you guys have our thanks and recommendation, you will know soon about us!!! thank you for your considerations and politeness. We felt in love of this wonderful place and the familiarity and naturalness of your service.

Room Tip: The two queen size bedroom is very comfortable and fresh.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Originally we wanted to visit one day Merida because we have not a great expectation about this city... big mistake! it is a great city, full of things to do, very clean and beautiful, so we decide to spend more time in Merida and we found The Villa Merida, what a nice place to stay! we delight with this paceful, green, silent, charming, romantic and friendly place; we arrive before the check in time and we receive our room inmediately, the friendliness and warmth of staff are notorious, we heard their suggestions about places to visit and have lunch and dinner, everything was wondenful, my girlfriend loves the architecture and fell in love of The Villa, I'am very impressed with the service and staff's knowledge about Merida and Yucatan, they make feel like a part of this place. Best wishes for you.

Room Tip: The Junior Suite upstairs is fantastic!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

What a nice surprise to experience the best quality of service, in a place where you have the staff support to make more comfortable your stay and have the best value of your money. Since the reservation I make a couple of requests and both were satisfied. The worst part of this stay is I should go home, because I feel like to stay here for a long, long time. I appreciate a lot the personal attention of the manager Mr. Luis Osorio who is very professional and helpfull (He help me to solve a very embarrassing inconvinient with my credit card), I receive a refreshing welcome coctel with cucumber and chaya and the breakfast is delicious, with this kind of service experience I forgot about the high humidity and heat in Merida this days.

Room Tip: Pool view from the king size room have the necessary privacy to rest.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

It is a very charmin property with a great character and architecture. we really enjoy the food, the pool and the gardens, all the place is full of details (I love he candels light); the devotion of service we receive from the employee and Luis the manager was really good, looks like they are very experienced and know all the main places to visit in town and surroundings, this boutique hotel is highly recommended. We definitely will back to this place.

Room Tip: The room upstairs with the private terrace is lovely.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were at this beautiful villa in merida's downtown. We are very satisfied with our experience there, doesn't matter we are demanding guest when we travel in family, the staf always keep aware of our needs and was very charming and cool. We enjoy a lot the pool and the relaxing inside the house, is very silent and fresh. The kitchen is delicious, the Chef Luigui cook for us a couple of special meals not included is his menu (Moli Poblano e Enchilada Verde) the breakfast was served around the pool, where you can be surprised by some birds singing and flying around. We felt really comfortable at this place.

Room Tip: we suggest to choose the Family Room in second floor, is very comfortable and ample.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rockport, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

After a long period of stress at work I decided to take some days off. Long ago I wanted to visit Merida in Mexico, I couldn't find a better city to visit and a better Hotel to stay in. Hotel Villa Merida brought me into a peaceful enviroment, sourrounded of nature and a warm welcoming. I enjoyed very much my room, I did love spending time in the swimming pool. I got time and silence to read that book I wanted to enjoy months ago. I just found what I wanted for my vacation.
I highly recommend Hotel Villa Merida and encourage people to taste the great meals they serve. Just delicious!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Villa Merida Hotel? Share your experiences!