“Comfortable, personal and clean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Ana B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Merida
Casa Ana B & B
You added Casa Ana B & B to your Saves list
Calle 52 # 469 | Centro, Merida 97000, Mexico   |
Ranked #10 of 72 Merida B&B and Inns
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Comfortable, personal and clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

One of the greatest places where my husband and I have stayed 2 nights during our 3 weeks in Mexico. The b&b is set in a lovely green garden with a small swimmingpool. Our room was very clean and cozy (we stayed in the Habanero room). The bed was prety comfortable and the shower with warm water as well. We had breakfast in the garden, which was good as well (fruit, homemade bread, etc.)The hosts are very helpfull and kind. Maybe a little bit out of the centre, but definately worth it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

The neighborhood is kind of industrial but the hotel is a very nice place. It has AC but you have to paid extra for It but is optional if not there is fan too. The breakfast is excellent and the advices and service of the owner too

• Stayed August 2012
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Along its quite, kind of out of the way, semi-industrial looking street, you could easily pass right by Casa Ana and have no idea of the little oasis that lies on the other side of its doors.

Mariana and Ana are wonderful hosts, and this small property features a lush garden and tiny, refreshing pool. Breakfasts are included, and are wonderful. A/C is optional, for a moderate additional charge. It was boiling hot in Merida when I was there, but wanting to get acclimated to the heat I passed on the A/C and relied on the garden, the pool, and the ceiling fan to keep cool, and that was pleasant enough.

The location on Calle 52 is just far enough to the edge of Centro that it is a close walk (a safe 10 to 15 minutes) to tourist-central Parque Principal, without feeling that you're right in the middle of it.

Once of the nicest things Ana and Mariana did for me - my last night there was a BIG storm. Trees were knocked down around town, and electricity was out in the neighborhood overnight. I didn't mind that much, I wasn't spending all my time on the property anyway, but even though it was of course not their fault they insisted on refunding me for that night.

At first I was a little miffed that I had to pay for the duration of my stay in advance (I was planning on one week there), and I was hesitant to do that without at least seeing the property and confirming the dates I would be in Merida. So while I wish that they had a more normal policy of taking a credit card reservation, they're fair enough in that they state their policy up front, and I have to stay that their hospitality and the nature of this little, centrally located place more than made up for that inconvenience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Lovely place to retire to at the end of a hot day in Merida. Ana is very nice. Fresh fruit, coffee, and breads in the morning, a little pool to splash in, good rooms with good beds. Air conditioning is a little extra and even in April when I visited well worth it. I hope to visit Ana and stay in her little hotel again.

Room Tip: A little off the beaten track...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I arrived on the 9:30 p.m. flight from Houston. By the time I deplaned, went through everything at the airport and got to Casa Ana, it was about 11 p.m.There was Ana, waiting fro my arrival. My cold, which I brought with me, had gotten much worse during the plane ride and Ana did everything possible to make my life less miserable. I probably kept everyone up that night with my cough. She couldn't have been more helpful. I was so sick I didn't have a chance to enjoy anything but a wonderful bed and spic and span cleanliness. Then I returned a week later, the night before the 7 a.m. flight and got a chance to enjoy all of the beauty of the courtyard that everyone has written about. Nothing has been exaggerated. It is an oasis that is to be enjoyed. Allow yourself some time to just relax there and read or use your computer (for fun). Ana once again proved her exceptional attention to guests' needs when she arranged a van for a young couple with a baby and me to arrive at 5 a.m. She was there before 5 a.m., making sure we were ready and that the taxi was there on time. That is superb service!
The stay there was one of the highlights of my trip to Mexico.

Room Tip: For us Yankees, The Ground Floor at Casa Ana is what we would call the First Floor. Their First Flo...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Surfside, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed at Casa Ana for 7 wonderful days...just came back yesterday...Quiet, clean, excellent location...within walking distance from the Center.

The place is very nice...with a wonderful patio full of trees and flowers...very nice pool...rooms are very clean and the service is excellent.

Breakfast is very nice...served in a beatiful table...I had eggs, homebaked bread and jam...cereals with cold milk...fresh orange juice and a bowl of tropical fruits...coffee was dark and tasty.

Ana is very helpful with directions, advise and she took care of all my needs and requests.

The Cathedral and Central Plaza is 6 blooks away...you can walk to restaurants, bookstores, pharmacies, market and there are 4 beatiful plazas withinin walking distance. You are in the Center...yet away from the noise and the busy areas.

I took my taxis at the front door...Ana, called a taxi and within 6 minutes the driver was at the door...taxis are inexpensive...$3 to $4 dollars per ride.

I had nice afternoons at the small, but very clean pool with my glass of Coca-Cola...available for purchase at the place...inexpensive.

They washed my clothes for a few dollars...and the service was very...very good.

They also have free WiFi service, a bookshelf full of books and a refrigerator to keep your goods...Ana can also plan your tours to the most visited places.

Merida is very safe...you can walk at nights in lighted streets and the people of Merida are very freindly and nice.

For sure I will be back!!!

Thank you Ana for the 7 wonderful days I expended with you and Casa Ana.

Maria Darder.

Room Tip: All rooms have a nice view to the patio.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Bern, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed with Ana two nights in the end of March 2012 and can recommend her B&B without any reservations. It's clean, quiet, has a beautiful courtyard garden being taken perfectly care of with a small pool to cool off. Homemade breakfast was great and varied (for the two days we stayed). We also tried the homemade dinner and would recomennd anyone staying at Ana's to do the same.

Even though a bit off center, you can easily walk to the centre or any other points of interest.

We would at any time decide to stay with Ana again if we come back to Mérida.

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Casa Ana B & B? Share your experiences!