It's impossible to do justice to the wonderful experience of staying in Casa Del Maya in a few words, so we're offering just some of the highlights.
1. Casa Del Maya is located on a quiet street in central Merida. You needn't walk more than 20 minutes to anywhere. There's plenty of street parking, if you rent a car.
2. Everything, but everything, is meticulously maintained. The hosts, Jordi and Steve, take pride in their casa, and it shows.
3. Rooms are well appointed, sparkling clean, and quiet. Everything always works, including high-speed internet.
3. Jordi and Steve are perfect hosts: they are always there to give you directions to wherever you're going, or suggest an interesting place to see or eat in, or explain a local custom, or just shoot the breeze. When you want to enjoy a quiet time with a book at the poolside, they disappear.
4. The breakfasts are delicious and filling: freshly squeezed orange juice, a fruit plate with yogurt, and a new delicious entree every day. Freshly brewed coffee is available from early morning. One of us has a special dietary requirements, which were accommodated with grace.
The breakfasts were enough to last us until dinnertime.
5.The pool is larger than it appears from the photos, and about 5 feet deep. It is cleaned and replenished every day. What a delight in tropical weather.
6. The guests are treated as personal friends, and we're honored to now count Jordi and Steve among ours.
If ever you decide to visit Yucatan, it'd be foolish to miss Casa Del Maya.
-Mike, Lora, Alex
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Del Maya is a lovingly restored home that celebrates the culture and craft of the Mayan people. We have 6 guest rooms, a refreshing pool, Wi-Fi throughout, TV, air conditioning, and a full gourmet breakfast, all located in historic Santa Ana in Merida centro. We invite you to come stay with us to enjoy Merida and all it has to offer, and we hope you return because we made you feel at home. Casa Del Maya B&B is not a bustling hotel, but a very private home where our goal is to make each person feel welcome and feel at home ... a place where you can just be yourself and unwind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, T4B, Despegar.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Casa Del Maya Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.