“Great food and Service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 340 restaurants in Merida
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Description: Hennessy's Irish Pub: Bringing an authentic taste of Ireland to Merida, Mexico. Opened in late 2010 by Irish expats Sean Hennessy and Colm Cooney, Hennessy's has quickly become one of Merida's favorite watering holes and resturants, popular with locals, expats and travelers alike. Don't miss Hennessy's stunning front bar, cozy Polo Bar in back, open-air patio and billiard room. In addition to its stellar Fish-n-Chips, don't-miss menu items include stunning curries, fresh salads and delicious steaks. Hennessy's also offers a great selection of beer, wine, cocktails and Irish Whiskey. And Guinness, of course.
Tomball, Texas
“Great food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We kept coming back to Hennessy's because the food is great and the service is excellent. Everything we ate was outstanding! This is a must!! Also we were able to watch American Football so we didn't miss our teams while we were away.

Visited October 2012

82% Recommend
Merida, Mexico
“Great City, Great Pub, Great Food and the Best Beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Staff that care and share appropriate menu (english or spanish) once they hear you speak or try to...

Visited October 2012
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
“Ireland in Merida ,MX.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Went there with my spouse to view first presidential debate.Despite a stong democrat crowd, great beer , great food and good service at a fairly reasonable price.
Fish and ships were great, no complaints...................................................................................

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Progreso, Mexico
“It's alright but...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Not long ago some friends invited me to an evening out and suggested Hennessy's. I went a while back when they first opened and was not impressed with the food or the prices. My friends convinced me I'd caught them on a bad night or maybe they were still working out the "kinks" of a new restaurant. So I went. Sadly I must stand by my initial impression. My first visit I had an over priced and over cooked hamburger with under cooked fries. The meat on the burger was soooo dry I ended up downing it in ketchup just to eat it. The fries were not fully fired and were limp and still a little cold inside. On this visit I opted for the salmon on a friends recommendation. Now maybe I'm a salmon snob since I grew up near the Columbia River in the PNW, my friend liked hers. But to me the salmon was tasteless. It literally could have been cod or some random white fish. Other then the caramelized onions it had no taste at all in my opinion. The baby potatoes were quite tasty and it was, according to the menu, suppose to come with bacon. Neither mine nor my friends plates had any bacon on them. At first I thought maybe the bacon was in the onions or over the potatoes but nothing tasted like bacon and noting looked like bacon.

To me I fail to see how this location continually gets such high marks. Maybe I've just had two bad experiences? But I highly doubt I'll be talked into trying them a third time. The drinks are fine but by Merida prices fairly expensive. The food would be decently priced if it wasn't so bad. If you go be warned if someone in your party does not speak Spanish you may have problems. The table next to us could not explain their order so we translated for them. There is no parking, none. You either find a spot on the street or walk it or take a taxis.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Durham, NC
“Great food! Nice people.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for a late night snack after a movie. Lovely space and beautiful bar. Very friendly staff. We split an order of their lite pasta with chicken and it was plenty for both of us. Perfect al dente pasta with tomatoes, asparagus, red peppers and chicken finished with olive oil and a light dusting of parmasean cheese. The friendly owner stopped by the table to inquire about our food and wished us well as we left. Lovely time!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere