“Probably one of the few places with a large selection” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #151 of 430 Restaurants in Merida
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night
Description: http://www.lawsonsyucatan.com/2010/05/01/la-bierhaus/ http://v6.yucatan.com.mx/noticia.asp?cx=17$1310030000$4294232&f=20100502
NJ
“Probably one of the few places with a large selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

If I recall correctly something like 50 beers mostly German with a smattering of English and Mexican. Prices vary from relatively inexpensive to a bit high. Staff is very nice. Be warned, no beer until noon!

Visited April 2013

Ontario
“Little Germany in Mexico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

What a great change from the usual Mexican fair. The dishes are quite authentic and delicious. They have Currywurst, a Berlin specialty I have seldom seen outside of Germany. Their selection of beers is remarkable, They even carry Berliner White Beer (Weisse) a beer you hardly find outside of Berlin. It is a beer sweetened with Raspberry or strawberry syrup, very refreshing and low on alcohol.
The décor is nice and reminds very much of a German pub.

Visited March 2013
Merida, Mexico
“Wurst ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Ok, so I lived in Berlin when I was young and every time I'm in Germany I'm looking for that great Imbiss with the delicious curry wurst. When I saw this on the menu I hesitated but reasoned that even tho this is Merida, it's a German restaurant, how bad could it be? Plenty bad let me tell ya. The sausage itself was bad, nothing else to say. Greasy, weird texture. The travesty was the curry sauce. There was absolutely no curry taste whatsoever! None, nada, zilch, kein. Some nasty brown lumpy sauce was applied with no discernible flavor. Unbelievable. I met a known foodie living here who is from Europe. We commiserated. I asked, how hard is it to make curry sauce? The curry is just a powder. He said, ketchup and curry powder, that's it.

Give me a break! The wife had a flatbread that was ok. You'll not see me here again.

Visited April 2013
Cranbrook, Canada
“A Welcome Change for Variety”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Even though Yucatecan food is delicious, it is so nice to have a restaurant of a different ethnic background in the downtown area that mostly populated by Yucatecan fare. A nice variety of beers that are difficult to find anywhere else in Merida. The deserts are good, too. It is a little expensive for my taste, but using their 15% off coupon from my City Passport coupon book helped me swallow the bill a little better. Will return again!

Visited March 2013
Grand Falls Windsor, Canada
“A nice change”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We ate here twice in the last month and found it a nice change from Mexican fare. We enjoy Mexican food but after being here for two months it is nice to have a change. Both times we enjoyed the experience. Pleasant surroundings in the courtyard, good location in Centro, good service and good food. We liked the large beer menu and enjoyed Tingstao in Mexico!
A little pricy but the food was plentiful and of good quality. Would recommend this restaurant if you like German food and a large selection of beers.

• Visited February 2013