“Beautiful place” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 394 Restaurants in Merida
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Midland
“Beautiful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I loved the place, the gardens are beautiful. Also the covered pool was awesome , I wish I was able to swim there. The food was regional style, very good cooking. The nieve the coco and Flan were great :)

Visited December 2013
claugiann, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hacienda Teya, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Melissa V

Thank you very much for your comments, we are proud to know that you liked our dishes ... your words motivate us to keep improving so that when we visit us again your experience even better; thank you very much for recommending us ... we hope you come back soon, we always have a place waiting for you

Best Regards
claugiann Zerón
PR manager

new york
“YUMMY Authentic Yucatan food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This place is beautiful and the food was great. The service was nice and they even have Wifi!

I wish they had more vegetarian options but aside from that, this place was perfect.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denisengarcia

thank you very much for your comments, your words cause us great joy and pride that also motivate us to keep improving ... your suggestion seems very good so try to include more vegetarian and vegan options to our menu. We send a warm greeting waiting to have you back soon.

Best Regards
claugiann Zerón
PR manager
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Our worst dining experience in Mérida”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I remain puzzled by the positive reviews of this Hacienda. We went for lunch, by cab from the historic center of Mérida. About 150 pesos each way. Upon entering the nice looking dining room we were ignored by the passing waiters, no host or hostess to be found. Finally an indifferent waiter indicated a table by a window, pleasant seat. The menu was not unusual -- all the standard Yucateca fare of the restaurants in town, usually the promise of a tasty meal. Our waiter seemed very indifferent to us. He was difficult to understand and gave contradictory answers to our questions about the menu items. This was not a language issue, my wife is a native Spanish speaker and I am fluent, albeit as a second language. My dish, a steamed fish in a banana leaf, arrived tepid dry and I would say not a piece of fish I ever would have cooked, based on aroma. My wife's cochinita pibil was dry and bland, but she kept it. When I returned my dish to the waiter he dumped it unceremoniously at the bus station and never offered a replacement or asked if I wanted to order something different. When the bill came I had to press to have the inedible item removed.
The wait staff, as I looked around, seemed bored and distant and contrasted very poorly with the warm helpful service we encountered everywhere else during our time in Mérida. I don't know what is wrong with this establishment or if we chanced upon a terrible day, but I would suggest you save your time, dining budget and taxi fate for any one of the wonderful eateries in Merida proper. Yes the grounds of the Hacienda were pretty, but not worth the trip, the bad food and indifferent service all of which left a very bad taste.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
claugiann, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hacienda Teya, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Russ W

We regret to hear that your experience at Hacienda Teya was not the best, our intention is that our visitors always have good memories of the place and our dishes when they go back home ... We would love to have the opportunity during your next visit to Mérida to show you the best Yucatecan food. Please remind our manager about this post.

Best regards
Claugiann Zerón
PR Manager
GREECE
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

We liked the atmosphere of this place, the old buildingds, the birds, the deer and the horses and the food was also nice and not expensive

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
claugiann, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hacienda Teya, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
greetings ANASTASIA

Thank you very much for your words, we are very proud when our visitors we write about their experience at Hacienda Teya and are happy with it ... We hope to have you back soon
“Yucatan cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Although I havnt been there, I did buy a small recipe book and have made several dishes. I saw a bad review about queso relleno that they didn't like it???? I made their recipe and it is fantastic, it's not the American version, if that's what you're looking for go to Taco Bell!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
claugiann, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hacienda Teya, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
cpteddy

Thank you very much for your comment; we're glad you're cooking traditional Yucatecan cuisine recipes ... hope to welcome you again very soon