“Good meal, really surprised by the waiter...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 394 Restaurants in Merida
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Uno de los mas antiguos y queridos restaurantes en el centro histórico de la ciudad de Mérida, a solo dos cuadras de la plaza principal o plaza grande.
Ottawa, Canada
“Good meal, really surprised by the waiter...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Was just finishing my coffee when the waiter returned to my table and explained that I had not left enough money. I was sure I had placed at least 10% more than the bill for adequate (not good) service but was quickly schooled of my short-comings and was told to increase my tip by at least 50 more pesos. To avoid any type of public display of disgust, the 50 pesos were placed on the table, and my party quicky left the restaraunt. Not sure if this is common practice, or if anyone else has experienced it, but it was the last time they will ever get the chance to do that to me.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful restaurant and bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Lovely atmosphere, staff and cocktails. However it is a little overpriced, and service was a tiny bit slow. Returned many times while I stayed in Mexico, and my favourite cocktail was the Pancho Villa. Would love to return one day!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner and it was a great night. The staff quickly made up a table for our group of twelve and were very attentive. One wierd thing with the happy hour that goes from 6-9pm was they wouldn't give us those prices at our table but were happy to seat us near the bar in a small courtyard. We paid for the drinks then took them back to the table for dinner - odd! The food was really good and the 4 cheese empanadas were fantastic. The waiter initially brought me the wrong dish but was vety apologetic and my dish was ready in less than five minutes.

Visited August 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
“This is a great place-”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great at night- climb to the very top and there is a table that overlooks the city. ask for the 2 appetizers (Guacamole and something mayan with pumpkin seed) that are prepared table side and it's you will have a unforgettable experience!

Visited June 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Great Atmosphere, Average Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Located in the heart of Centro, this restaurant an incredible patio. The drinks were good, the service was great, but unfortunately the food was mediocre. I'd recommend going here for the drinks and soak in the charm, especially during the daily happy hour.

Visited July 2014