“Great traditional food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Celestun, Yucatan, mexico
“Great traditional food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Everything about this Mexican restaurant was great, service was great , traditional Mexican flavors, fair prices, will return many more times

i would highly recommend this jem

Dallas, Texas
“Wonderful yucatecan dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We were told by some locals that they had the best soap de Lima in the city and we weren't disappointed. The soup was delicious as was the pechuga de pollo yucateca. We also ordered a side of the green habanero salsa and it was one of the hottest that I have tried and I loved it. The prices were very reasonable and on the Sunday afternoon when we were there we also enjoyed the live traditional music of the local trio that performed. The service was top notch and I really couldn't have hoped for a better experience. I'd definitely go back to this place.

Elgin, Arizona
“Going back in time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

The location off of Calle 52 is a classic local restaurant that has a feeling of Mexico in the 60's. The regional specialties were excellent and the service was outstanding. If you are staying at Anna's b&b(highly recommended) this is just a short walk away. There is a good chance you will be the only non-local eating at this charming business and family restaurant. Reasonably priced as well.

Portland, Oregon
“What a disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

We had visited Merida in the early '70's and eaten a wonderful dinner at Los Almendros, and again a few years later, so I was really looking forward to eating there again. Walked to the address and found it is now called the Grand Almendros and is only open on Sunday. so we went around the corner to the plain old Los Almendros and ate dinner in a very ordinary room with a glass wall and a view of a parking garage. (seriously!) Besides the room itself being a disappointment after expecting the other Los Almendros of yesteryear, the food was just plain ordinary and
not all that good. I had Sopa de Lima, expecting it to be wonderful, and it was not even slightly better than I can make myself at home without all those years of Mexican cooking expertise. I was so bummed!!! Husband can't remember what he had, so that about says it all. Won't be going back! Place was
clean and the wait staff was friendly and fine. I just had my own idea of how it would be and it was definitely not. Such a lovely memory of the old days!!!

Visited February 2014
Guadalajara, Mexico
“One of my favorite restaurants in all of Mexico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Yucatecan is one of my favorite regional cuisines in Mexico and nobody does it better than Los Almendros.

Visited February 2014