My wife and I took a 5 day trip to Isla Mujeres Palace on June 25, 2013.
Overall I would give the Hotel 3 Stars.
-Very Nice Rooms. The rooms were well appointed and functional. AC blew very cold. Jacuzzi was a nice treat.
-Food Quality. For an all-inclusive, the food was quite good. Room service was prompt.
-Quaint Hotel. Only 60+ rooms. Very low occupancy.
-Staff. The staff for the most part was very friendly and eager to help.
-The Beach. Unfortunately the Beach Front was really not very picturesque. The hotel only has about 300' Linear Feet of beach and it is covered in seaweed. If you want to go out in the water, be prepared for a view of seaweed and little else. Also, 5 mins after sunset the beach fleas come out by the hundreds. Bring OFF.
-Minimal Menu. Every night there were 2 choices for dinner: Italian or Mexican. This was ok since we were there for only 4 nights, but if I were staying longer, I would have gotten burned out on the same stuff each night.
-Beach Clubs next door. This was just awful. Truly was unacceptable. I have stayed at numerous Adult Only hotels throughout the Caribbean/Mexico, and I have never had more noise and annoying music to deal with. On both sides of the small resort are Beach Clubs that appear to cater primarily to Mexican tourists. They play music at a mind numbing level and are talking on speakers in Spanish practically from 9:30am till 9:30pm at night. There are brief breaks in the action, but this truly ruined the resort for my wife and I and will keep us from ever coming back. If this were to change, I would have felt completely different about Isla Mujeres Palace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- What better location for this small haven than at a small island once a sanctuary to Ixchel, the Mayan goddess of childbirth and medicine? Isla Mujeres (Island of Women) with its scenic views, tranquil beaches, marine parks, and sculptured cliffs, is nature at its best. Small and luxurious, this all-inclusive couples only resort is sure to guarantee a private and relaxed stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Amex, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Jetsetter, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your Isla Mujeres Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isla Mujeres Palace Hotel Isla Mujeres
- Hotel Isla Mujeres
- Palace Hotel Isla Mujeres