“Best Hotel in Isla” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Virginia
“Best Hotel in Isla”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I almost don't want to review this sweet hotel in fear that there will be no availability the next time I try to make reservations there. Stayed in Building 2--awesome as long as your room is above the second floor. Second floor rooms can be at palm tree height and therefore block your view of the sea. Very spacious and clean room. Master BR is separate from living/dining/kitchen area. Very nice pull-out sofa that easily accommodated a hefty 18 year old boy. The beds are too firm and the pillows were a little lumpy but they give you lots of them! Clean room and excellent service, clean white sand beach. Beach service was perfect--service did not improve with tipping which proves that they train their staff well and with pride. I tipped every day for them to set up my chairs and for food/drink service but it was not necessary. One day when I was on the beach and had forgotten to bring cash, I still received top-notch service! The proximity of restaurants to this hotel could not be more perfect. Lots of delightful options to please anyone's palate! Love the casual lifestyle of this island. It is a complete opposite of Cancun and an easy, short ferry ride over. We will be returning!

Room Tip: Views of the sea are blocked by the tops of palm trees in many 2nd floor rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
ixchelbeachh0tel, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Ixchel Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dearest scubaprop4,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience!

We are more than pleased to know that you spent such a wonderful time with us and also appreciate the way that you highlight our accommodations, beach services and location. Positive reviews like yours, boost our energy and cheer up our service commitment.

We certainly be looking forward to a new opportunity to host you back and welcoming you with open arms.

All the best!
Customer Service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Third stay at Ixchel, second in building 1, room 201/202, which is a 2BR/2BA. Ixchel is the most upscale property on Isla's best beach, North Beach, and one of the most luxurious on the entire island. This condo is spacious, comfy, and modern. You pay a little less because the view isn't the panorama other units offer, but it's still a lovely ocean view. Interior has: strong A/C, nice leather living room furniture, flat-screen TV, DVD player, some movies, big beds with cushy memory-foam toppers, spacious walk-in showers, pretty art, and ceiling fans. I sleep so well here. The location is superb - only one block to the heart of town. Beach chairs/umbrellas and towels are provided. The customer service is top-notch. Wifi kicks you off a lot and you can hear a lot of bangs and thumps echoing through the building from your room, but those are minor compared to the luxuries here. Also, the beach in front of Ixchel is more crowded with chairs from new beach clubs that now share this area, but on the plus side, the day boats don't encroach into the swimming area anymore.

Also, the food is fantastic, and delivered to the room or to your beach chair. Residents have signing privileges.

Walk west to Chi Chi and Charlies and find Juan Campos, a professional sailor who offers sailing, sunset, snorkeling and fishing trips on his 36' boat. You can just flag him down in the water, too - I've done this twice! He'll be paddleboarding or windsurfing. Just yell "Juan!" Great prices, great guy. Lots of fun and a real pro.

Room Tip: The higher the room number, the better the view, but 201, 301, 401 and 501 still have good views for...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

The location can't be beat. The beach is beautiful (chairs and umbrellas provided) and shops and restaurants are just steps away. The service is OUTSTANDING. The best customer service I've received in ages, from all levels of staff.

Room Tip: Get a room with an ocean view!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
ixchelbeachh0tel, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Ixchel Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear IxchelGuest,

Thank you for such kind comments!

Your smile is our purpose. If we achieved this target then we know you enjoyed your stay and you may return to Isla Mujeres in the future. If so, please consider the Ixchel Beach Hotel as your home in the Mexican Caribbean and we will gladly be looking forward to your next visit.

Very best regards,
houston, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has the best location on the island. We checked them all out! The other hotel beaches cannot compare. Ixchel is on the nicest stretch of beach. The service was excellent and was very clean. The room we had was not plush but certainly met our needs. I think other rooms were all a bit different as they are time shares so some may be nicer than others. We loved our stay. It is very close to all restaurants etc. EXCELLENT LOCATION

• Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a few days before heading to Cancun.Very pleasant experience.Since we arrived to Isla we knew that we were in for something special.The isla itself,the beach etc amazing.A paradise.The Ixchel greet us with those amazing views and its friendly staff.I would never hesitate to both stay and recommend this hotel.Go and discover yourself the best of Isla Mujeres.Paradise

Julio Figueroa
Ft Lauderdale

• Stayed April 2014
Westport, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We loved this hotel, room was large with massive shower, free 5l of water and nice toiletries. The bed was massive and really comfortable.

The nicest thing though was you got up in the morning walked out by the pool and you are in north beach with white sand and crystal clear water. You collect a towel and find a chair and there are waiters there to give you breakfast on the beach or a cocktail or whatever. Staff were really nice and very helpful. Also you are very close to the Main Street with all the lovely restaurants and cafes and shops.

I would love to stay here again and couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

We were greeted by a gentleman at the check in desk who was visibly annoyed by some of my check in questions which immediately made me feel unwelcome. We arrived at our very large second floor room which appeared spotless but smelled terribly musty and unpleasant. While opening the windows to the balconies relieved the smell temporarily it returned once you closed them. The hotel also seems to have a fairly elaborate set of rules for signing out and returning towels but staff seemed not to be able to explain it even when questioned slowly, repeatedly and directly on multiple occasions. I can tell you that it has something to do with blue slips of paper and $20 per towel. The system obviously is a problem as on day two I had to deal with some jerk who approached my wife and took my towel off my lounge chair claiming it was his as he had claimed to have put one down on the chair I was sitting on before going to breakfast hours earlier. Arguing with hillbillies over towels isn't how I want to spend my time on vacation - a problem that can clearly be averted by having a clear and simple policy staff can understand and explain. I love the beach here and I like the town being so nearby. The hotel concierge himself is extraordinarily helpful and pleasant. The bartenders and beach staff are helpful but the beach staff is sometimes hard to find. Overall it is just ok. I wish the room didn't smell. I wish the front desk staff were more friendly. I wish I and other guests didn't have to worry about the elaborate towel system. At check in much time was spent explaining the list of partner restaurants - I wish the location of the nearby grocery store had been shared with us as we likely would have made better use of the kitchen. While I believe my wife would consider returning here I believe it is not likely I would want to return. Too bad given the size of the rooms and proximity to the best the island has to offer.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
ixchelbeachh0tel, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Ixchel Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Waytansea,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

Your input about services and towel procedures are very important, thus allowing us to identify areas where we need to double our efforts to improve and achieve our mission of providing quality services to deliver the best experience to our Guests.

If you would like to share any additional comments we will be thankful to learn more about your recent stay. You may contact us at customerservice@ixchelbeachhotel.com or reaching us by calling to our toll free number: 1-800-638-5061.

Sincerely.
Customer Service.

Been to Ixchel Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!