“One of the best shopping spots on the Island” 5 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
New York, NY
4 attraction reviews
“One of the best shopping spots on the Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This place is well worth a visit. It is a small store filled with beautiful beaded jewelry all handmade by local Isla women. You walk in and see them working on their designs right there. There are gorgeous necklaces, bracelets, earrings, purses, so much! Everything is fairly priced and the money goes directly to support the women of the co-op and help them keep the business afloat. Not only are you getting unique lovely pieces, you are supporting the local economy and these kind and talented women entrepreneurs.

Visited March 2014

Houston
“Go Muchachitas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Sweet gals and lovely work. It was tricky to find but getting lost on Isla Mujeres is wonderful. We found some unusual pieces that made great gifts.
There are about 45 people in this group; 4 are fellows. Three generations of one family are beading and teaching others.
If you like leaving the tourists behind, this is for YOU.

White Lake, Michigan
6 attraction reviews
“Things Just Keep Getting Better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stopped by the bead coop on this trip to do some shopping and donate some beads to these wonderful women. I was impressed by the ongoing creative jewelry pieces and the selection just keeps increasing. I was also impressed by the ladies abilities to understand more English. Not that I think they should speak English but I am sure that many tourists with no Spanish might not take the time to check out the coop as they would not be able to communicate! I personally throw out my best (awful) Spanish, use hand gestures and write to get my point across...oh, and I smile REAL big the whole time. Anyways, my friend purchased several necklaces and a bracelet. I purchased a long beaded cord that I am going to use like a fashion scarf. I think it would also make a cute belt, if I was a belt person....I also noticed that they are now making Isla Mujeres bracelets out of seed beads which are adorable! Time to upgrade your jewelry on your next trip!!!!

Rochester, Minnesota
“I respect the craft.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

It's a small place that you my find something to buy, if you like this type of thing. I just didn't find it very interesting. Nice church next door to look at and say a prayer.

12 attraction reviews
“Unique hRd working people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

If you visit Isla Murejes you have to visit this area. These people art great artists who can produce some wonderful items.