“Purchased several things!” 5 of 5 stars

Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
12 attraction reviews
“Purchased several things!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

A tiny little shop, with the locals hand beading, necklaces, bracelets, etc. They have the most beautiful things! Their prices are reasonable and we did not haggle on the price either. They continue beading while you look around. They had what I was looking for, so we purchased several items. If you are looking for a specialty item, I would definitely check them out. Very nice friendly ladies. I also believe in supporting the locals.

Visited March 2014

Greensboro, NC
“Glad I made the effort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Our family spent 4 nights on Isla Mujeres and I decided to wait to buy a beaded necklace (or two!) until we found the Women's Beading Cooperative in an effort to support the women of the island. I'm so glad I did! I found the many, many other stands selling beading jewelry off-putting because of their "hawking" style of selling -- I never felt like I could get close to a table displaying jewelry without being pressured. The Beading Cooperative was anything but pushy -- it was such a pleasant stop with a vast selection of all kinds of beaded jewelry - the detail in each piece is amazing. It was gratifying to see the artists at work around a table and even a young girl showing a younger child how to bead. Make the effort to get off the "beaten path" and stop at the Cooperative!

Visited March 2014
Sabetha, Kansas
15 attraction reviews
“Stopped by for souvenirs ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I have read about this place and we were looking for some souvenirs so we stopped by. Not a big store, but had a large selection of bracelets, necklaces, earrings, etc. it is amazing how detailed some of the pieces are. Ladies were nice. Didn't want to haggle on price here because I am all for helping out the local families for allowing us to be tourists in their paradise. Worth a look.

Charleston, SC
“Support these ladies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Support these ladies! I have several items that I have purchased and they have lasted for quite some time. It's for a good cause and it's unique and handmade. What a joy to visit! I can't wait to see them in June upon our return!!

Visited April 2013
North Bay, Canada
“do not miss it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

if you are on isla mujeres and rent a golf cart, it is worth the 15 minutes you will spend here. and from what we see, it is supporting locals. a big plus is that they are not pushy like other markets, and you can watch them making things. decent prices and you know where it came from . huge selection of beaded crafts and a few other crafts. easy to find. or just ask a local. not far from turtle farm.(another must see)

Visited February 2014