“Amazing service with the best location on the island” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Bucaneros

You added Hotel Bucaneros to your Saves list
Hotel Bucaneros
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Hidalgo #11 | Colonia Centro, entre Av. Madero y Av. Abasolo, Isla Mujeres 77400, Mexico   |
Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Calgary, Canada
“Amazing service with the best location on the island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

Staff were super friendly and helpful.

Located on the main pedestrian walk so there was lots to see and do. The rooms were quiet though when the patio doors were closed.

We stayed in a suite with kitchenette. Large bathroom, big closet and charming kitchen area. Options of cross winds from double balcony access, ceiling fans or air conditioning.

We'll be coming back!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

In January 2011 I visited Isla Mujeres for the first time, and I couldn't have chosen a better hotel than Hotel Bucaneros. Really, the only thing I didn't like about this hotel was having to leave!

The hotel is only about a 5 minute walk from the ferry terminal, and it is on a pedestrian mall which is the main tourist area of Isla Mujeres. There is lots of activity around the hotel - people dining on patios, many shops - but inside the room it was very quiet. The room was cozy and clean, and there was ample space for my spouse and I to store our luggage. I had requested a room with a balcony and the staff were able to accommodate my request. The balcony was terrific! I loved being able to sit on the balcony, sip a beer, and watch people go to and fro on Av. Hidalgo (the pedestrian mall I mentioned).

The hotel has free wi-fi, which was handy for me. The connection was strong and had very good speed. I also had a mini-kitchenette in my room that had a hot plate and a kettle, but I never got around to using them.

The staff were very friendly. I booked my room with the hotel via email, and there were no problems with my room. The emails from the hotel staff were very friendly, and they were happy to suggest tour companies that I could contact on Isla Mujeres if I wanted to explore the island further.

The restaurant was also very good. I had a delicious meal there - a fish filet stuffed with shrimp and covered with cheese. Delicious!

When (not if!) I come back to Isla Mujeres, I will definitely be staying at Hotel Bucaneros again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

This was our sixth year we have stayed with the Hoth family. Bucaneros continues to be one of the best deals on the island. That is if you are going to the beach (5 minute walk), need to go the supermercado (2 blocks), have to change money (2 cambios within 1 block), looking for an internet cafe (around the corner), hungry (they are mostly along Hidalgo which fronts the hotel), or most important if you need a cold beer (go see Miguel at his Moonlight bar. Right, left, ice cold Sol). Of course the great room rate, cleanliness, free wifi thoughout the hotel, good breakfast and the friendly smiles from everyone on the staff makes the stay all the better.

I sure Bucaneros is not for everyone, but that's why there is a Bell curve. However, since several folks we know keep coming back around the same time we do must say something.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

We stayed at Bucaneros for 4 nights at the end of our 2.5 week trip around the Yucatan.

The hotel is in a great location, only a five minute walk from the ferry dock. And is located amongst the hustle and bustle of Av Hidalgo with all its shops, restaurants and bars as well as within a stones throw of the fabulous Norte beach.

We had room 303 which was one of the smallest rooms, but saying that it was more than fine for 2 people, the room was clean, bright and fresh with a lovely bathroom which must have had the hottest water in all of Mexico.

A continental breakfast was also included in the price in the downstairs restaurant and you had the option to have anything of the menu thus giving you a 40 peso dicount per person (for example if you wanted eggs on toast etc). I thought it was great to have this option - well done!

The staff were also all very friendly and extremely helpful. On our last day we had a 7pm flight from Cancun overnight back to London. We did enquire about a late checkout, but unfortunately our room had a new arrival due that day so this was not available. The staff were kind enough to keep our bags safe during the day so we can spend our final day enjoying the island and were kind enought later in the day to let us have the use of another room so we could have a shower before catching the ferry and our onward flights. Thank you, seems minor but it meant a lot to us having spent the day on the beach. No charge I hasten to add :-) Highly recommed and despite its central location there were no issues with noise.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

My husband, two sons and I stayed with a group of friends at the Bucaneros. The hotel was very nice and very clean. What made the stay above avergage was the hospitality, friendliness and kindness shown by the management. They went out of their way many times to make our stay enjoyabe and memorable. We truly enjoyed staying there.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Altoona, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

Our family and our group of friends loved the Bucaneros. Great location and great staff. Rooms were clean and bargain for the price. Food and service was excellent in the restaurant.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

We got to Hotel Bucaneros just before the High season started so prices were reasonable
the rooms are very clean and welcoming and the people in the Hotel are extremly nice and helpful! it felt like home. restaurant is also great

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Bucaneros? Share your experiences!