“We will probable rent somewhere else next time...” 3 of 5 stars

011 52 998 877- 0938
Improve this listing
Cleburne, TX
16 attraction reviews
“We will probable rent somewhere else next time...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

i negotiated a price through email and they said we could pick up the cart when we arrived on the island. I brought a copy of the entire email but they would not honor the pricing :( We went ahead a paid the regular price (we were tired from a day of travel and just wanted to get to the room). the first cart we had was extremely slow...bicycles were passing us up on the road. We stayed on Sac Bajo so it took us FOREVER to get anywhere. the next day they let us exchange the cart and this one was great! the headlight was very rusted and broke off so we went back again to get ti fixed. the mechanic was off that day so they said to come back tomorrow and pick that cart up after repair. Once again we had a terribly slow replacement. the next day for some reason they refused to let us use the fast cart again...even though it was parked right in front of their shop. We spend the rest of the week in a terrible slow cart

florida
“will not refund”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

cart worked but was old; I took cart back 1 day early due to early departure from Island & they refused to refund the day even tho there are many daytrippers from Cancun eager to rent by half day or even hourly. Unreasonable, would go elsewhere next time.

Saratoga Springs, Utah
12 attraction reviews
“Best price in town!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Well, I didn't get the cart for $38, but I got it for $42 and I felt good about that. I had emailed beforehand and got a quote for the special price, but I never actually reserved it. So when I showed up and tried to get them to give me that price they weren't too happy about it and I didn't think they were going to give it to me (which was fine, I didn't have a reservation), but it was closing time and they eventually caved. So I recommend printing out your price quote or actually reserving in advance. The place should be easy to find, fairly close to the ferry pier, but man, it was so hard for us to find it every time we drove by (for both pick up and drop off) ha ha. We had to drag that street like three times with our eyes peeled to find it, so be sure to have a map with you to help you find it!

I have to say, we were on the south end of the island and griped about the cost and additional pain of having to have a cart, but when all was said and done driving the cart around the island was one of the highlights of the trip. So even though it may have been cheaper to taxi around, I recommend getting a cart for at least one day, if not the whole time. Buckets of fun ;)

Our cart was good. It had a tendency to backfire-- making everyone on the street jump and wonder if they were being shot at. So that was a bit stressful, but our cart seemed powerful enough and the lights worked well.

delaware
9 attraction reviews
“Two carts, one dud”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I used Prisma to rent two carts - the price was excellent, online coupon brought it down to $38/day. Avoid the young men trying to guide you to golf cart rentals - if you have the coupon, you have a map to the shop, and you won't have to pay the extra fee for the "guide". Anyhow, the review below (golfermom) describes the dud cart we got. It was pretty bad - I know that if I'd been driving that one I would have given up. My cart worked fine. It wasn't the fastest cart on the road, but I didn't care because I ended up zooming past just about everything I was looking for anyway! So, Prisma is OK, best price, but do NOT accept cart #11 or any cart that doesn't seem to work right!

Visited April 2013
Newark, Delaware
“Poor performance”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

When the worker was gassing up the cart, he noticed it didn't start easily. He looked at the other kid working and proceeded to give us the cart anyway. We have two young boys, 8 and 4. Every time we'd stop to see an attraction, the ignition wouldn't 'turnover'. Then finally as my husband continued to manipulate the choke and gas pedal it would start.
Wouldn't be so bothered, but the workers saw it wasn't starting properly and gave us the cart anyway.

Visited April 2013