“Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Las Palmas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Isla Mujeres
Prices are for rooms, adults
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Portland, Oregon
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I was lucky enough to stay at Las Palmas when I decided to extend my stay for a few days last Spring. Such a lovely, welcoming atmosphere, breezy, and unique, with comfy rooms. Great conversations over coffee on the roof top deck, where you can make breakfast in their fabulous open air kitchen. I especially enjoyed the nooks where you could lose yourself in a book or just relax. Reminiscent of some of my favorite B&B's in Europe & Montreal, Canada.
Las Palmas is just blocks from Playa Norte an absolutely stunning beach, and just around the corner from some excellent cafe's (I will write about my favorite's next!) .
Isla & Las Palmas I can't get you out of my mind!

Room Tip: They sell wonderful Yucatan Honey right at Las Palmas :)
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed here last spring and found it a good value. It was fairly inexpensive and in a convenient location in town. The room was clean, although a bit small. The courtyard was tropically decorated and was a great place to relax outside the room. I wasn't too impressed with the shared kitchen/dining on the rooftop. There was a large group staying at the hotel that monopolized this area with all day partying.

The hotel might not fit all travellers, but if you are adventurous, on a budget and can align your expectations to a 3-star accommodation, you will appreciate the relaxed atmosphere.

We enjoyed our stay at Las Palmas and will probably return.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I love this hotel. I have lots of great memories here. Every time I think about my visits to Hotel Las Palmas, I have a big smile on my face and a warm feeling in my heart. I have stayed here a few times and I will keep coming back. You can't keep me away.

The welcoming feeling of the hotel is very authentic and real than those larger mega hotels in Cancun. You couldn't ask for a better location on the island. You are close to the downtown strip and the beach. The facilities and the hotel cleanliness is top notch. But by far the best thing about this place is the lovely staff. Katie, Safari and Dania are the most amazing people. They make you feel right home in their hotel. They are helpful, kind, and the most wonderful family. You won't be disappointed in your stay at Hotel Las Palmas, Isla Mujeres. I would recommend Las Palmas to anybody.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I’ve stayed here 3 years in a row now and for me it is perfect! Las Palmas has everything I am looking for when I am decompressing on Isla Mujeres. If you are looking for a private hotel with marble floors a large pool and flat screen tv’s, this is not the place for you. Las Palmas has none of those upscale attributes; however what it does have is what most travelers are looking for when they come to Isla Mujeres. The hotel is inexpensive, has a social atmosphere, is in a great location and best of all has friendly/caring owners.

The rooms are very clean and modestly decorated. The hotel has about 20 rooms that surround a warmly inviting common area located in the middle of the hotel. The owners have also added a new rooftop area that is wonderful and fun to hang out at during the daily “Happy hours” and in the evening.

Tables, couches, palm trees and plants decorate the entire hotel and this makes you feel more like you are staying at a home than a hotel.

I have stayed at numerous hotels all around the Island, and Las Palmas is my favorite. What more can I say? I can’t wait till I get back there in January 2013.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Peabody and Sherman's review gives a great description of the layout of the hotel. Their review is incredibly detailed. :-)

I had booked the king balcony room on the 2nd floor but when I got there, there was a problem with the electrics so Safari kindly offered me the penthouse suite instead. This suite is on the roof top and is bright (lots of windows) and clean..I had thoughts of Ikea when I opened the door..lol. There is a bed, 2 night tables, chair, a small table and chairs to eat at, mini fridge and shelves for you to put your things. One thing that I suggested, is, that the shower window needs to have an opaque covering (at least the lower 1/2 of the window) as you are staring out at people on a balcony across from you.

Location..heading north you can get to the beach (Chimbo's, Tarzan) in 5 minutes or so. Chairs cost 100 pesos at the beach for 2 loungers, 1 table and 1 umbrella. Across the street is the market and the wonderful 4 loncherias. Hidalo is around the corner in a matter of minutes. There's a store steps away that sells pop and beer.

I'm happy that I stayed here as I was curious about it. :-)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
West Des Moines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

This was our second stay at the hotel and we stayed for two weeks this time. What a wonderful place to stay. The hotel is squeaky clean, quiet and air-conditioned if you really need it. Since last year, they've built a large new room on the roof and also a large outdoor kitchen with any appliance that you might need. The hotel is within a block or two of just about everything. I'd say it's a two minute walk to reach 20-30 restaurants and maybe 4-5 minutes to the beach. This has to be one of the best hotels on the island and we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We like room #1 since it gets good airflow. The new Dream room should also catch good breezes.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

I love hotel Las Palmas! Everyone there is very welcoming! I loved my room, felt like my own. The owners were always friendly. There is 3 levels to this hotel. I LOVED how there are hammocks everywhere. If I felt like getting away, there was a place on every floor for me to get comfortable. LOCATION IS AMAZING! It's right behind Hidalgo street which is where you go get dinner n it's right in front of the market where you can get freshly squeezed Orange juice! I love this place. Definitely will be coming back and I definitely suggest this hotel!

• Stayed February 2012
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Hotel Las Palmas? Share your experiences!