“Wonderful, unpretentious option for those not seeking the partylife of "Cancun"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nautibeach Condos

Save Saved
You added Nautibeach Condos to your Saves list
Nautibeach Condos
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ave Rueda Medina #7 | Colonia Centro, Playa Norte, Isla Mujeres 77400, Mexico   |
Ranked #4 of 35 hotels in Isla Mujeres
Kensington, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We just returned from our first visit to Isla Mujeres and are so glad we stayed at Nautibeach; as so many other reviews depict, indeed, the property is not a fancy resort, which is part of its authentic appeal - rather, it is a comfortable, spacious and convenient property, staffed by great people (housekeepers, front desk, security, restaurant, et al) at a fair price! While a few reviewers seem to be disproportionately unhappy about minor issues, the vast number of guests who provide detailed positive feedback, speaks to the true nature of the place. Nautibeach's location on the island is ideal. . . situated on the spacious beach, enabling easy access to swimming, water sports and wonderful sunset views. In addition, the primary retail/restaurant district is only three blocks away, but far enough to be away from the late-night crowds/noise. Each condo is independently owned, so the specific nature of the furnishings vary somewhat by room, but what is consistent are the things which make visitors, now including our family, looking forward to our return to Nautibeach!

Room Tip: Ideally, rooms overlooking the garden area/beach offer a more pleasant view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Gameba At N, Manager at Nautibeach Condos, responded to this review, February 19, 2014

looking forward to seeing you soon.

Gameba Briceño

364 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

My wife and daughter (5) stayed here for four nights and it was excellent. The staff is wonderful and the unit we had (end unit on the second floor) was very nice and had all one needed for a relaxing vacation. The location of these condos is perfect, just 3 minute walk to all the restaurants in town. Has a wonderful pool and then just feet away is a wonderful beach and wonderful water. We will be back here for sure!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for your great review,

Looking forward to your next visit.

Gameba Briceño
Akumal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The Nautibeach Condos on Isla Mujeres is the place to be while visiting the Isla. The condos are located on Norte Beach. Love this place!

The view from our third floor condo was absolutely stunning. Waking up to that view of the beautiful calm blue waters and pristine white sandy beach is breath taking. You can see the pool, ocean, beach, entrance, walkway from your balcony. In the evening the sounds of the water rushing the shore was mesmerizing.

The entire staff was very courteous, smiling and accommodating. Even the guard at the entrance greeted us each time with a big smile and conversation about our stay. There was two different attendants and they were both very, very sweet!!

Our condo #26 was lovely! It was extremely clean, and comfortable. The air condition was ICE COLD!! Love that! The kitchen was well equipped. I felt so at home in this condo, I could live there.

I had a pedicure in the condo. Asked at the front desk, they called and scheduled this service for me. A lovely woman named Ivone Nieto from Salon Angels' came and performed a fantastic pedicure!!

One evening we were all dressed to go out for the evening and we went out on the deck to have a glass of wine before heading out. Much to our surprise, we got locked out. Yes, the patio door locked itself. Of course, I start freaking out and yell down for someone. A gentlemen walking just happened to be our neighbor and went to the front desk to tell the manager who came immediately to let us in. I said "please tell me this has happened before". He said "never". Just our luck. lol

The pool here is very clean and beautiful. Not quite sure why the swim up bar was not open.

The Sunset grill which is attached to the condos is very yummy!! Every evening there was live, soothing music. Thumbs up on the live music....it was awesome. I was so excited to be able to get pitchers of tea to start off everyday. I immediately became addicted to the Club wrap with the sauce from the chips to dip it in. mmmm mmmm good!

Oscars on Isla is a must visit for dinner once or twice. Great pizza. Fettuccine with grilled chicken is fabulous!!

We even stayed an extra night because we love this place. We will be back to Nautibeach. Like I said we could have just moved right into the condo that we stayed in because we felt so comfortable and at home.

My husband and I are from St Louis, MO and currently live in Akumal, Mexico. I'm thinking a move to the Island would be great!!

Thanks again for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: A Deluxe Condo Suite is strongly advised. You will NOT be disappointed. The view is stunningly bea...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi!

Thank you for your valuable review.
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is a tough review for me because there are a lot of positives and one significant negative. The positives are: (1) a scenic property with attractive landscaping; (2) nice two bedroom condos (individually decorated, so some look better than others, but they all meet a minimum standard that is not fancy but something like a typical rental beach house); (3) a good location right on the beach and a quick walk to town; (4) a terrific cleaning staff who really work hard; (5) friendly and helpful security guards (we are sending one of them a gift for his son); (6) enough space for a family; (7) good ocean views from many (though not all) of the units; and (8) a reasonable price.

So why three stars rather than, say, four and a half? The front office staff was pretty bad. Very unprofessional, in my opinion. (And I have traveled extensively, including to every continent other than Antarctica, and to many developing countries, and have stayed in everything from super-luxury 5* resorts to bus stations, tents and youth hostels, so I don't think my standards are poorly informed or unreasonable). A few examples: First, they got our reservation dates wrong despite my very clearly telling them the dates that we wanted AND confirming the dates in writing. It took several calls, messages and emails to get this corrected. Second, they booked us on one of the most expensive transport services without telling us that there are well-regarded and materially less expensive options. (We only learned that once we got to the Island). Third, they neglected to make restaurant reservations that they promised to make for us. (As far as I can tell, they just did not bother to make the calls that they said they would make). Fourth, they told us that they had reserved a golf cart for us (and we confirmed this with them several times, just to make sure). When the day came, the office staff person told us "sorry we have for you no golf cart" and then just sort of giggled. When I politely protested that we have a reservation, she told us to come back in 20 minutes and they would have a cart for us. So I did that. But no cart. This continued for several hours, with her telling me, each time, while my family waited, "come back in 20 minutes and the cart will be here." But each time I came back, there was still no golf cart. When I told the desk person that it was unfair for her to keep stringing us along, her response was "maybe you should just cancel your golf cart reservation." Not a very good answer, of course. I asked her whether she could please call some other cart rental companies, to see whether they would have a cart for us, but she refused to do this. Eventually, after hours of waiting around, they gave us an old and broken down golf cart that someone else had returned because it did not work well. And for this they charged us a higher price than any other golf cart rental company I saw on the Island. (It was also 100 pesos per day higher than Nautibeach's own book said theywould charge for a golf cart rental). The cart they rented to us did not work well and stalled frequently. We later discovered that there were MANY other golf carts available on the island, at significantly lower prices than we paid -- though the front desk staff had indicated to me that this was not the case. After we returned the golf cart, the front desk person told me that Nautibeach rents the carts from a golf cart rental company on the island, but marks up the price so Nautibeach makes a profit on the rentals. Of course, that information was not shared with us until after we had returned and paid for our cart. When I said "wouldn't I be better off having rented directly from that company, and not paying your mark up?" the response was "yes, that would be better for you; you would pay less money that way." Finally, the day before we were to check out, the front desk agent told us we need to pay them for our transportation service to and from the airport. I told her we had already paid for this. Her response was "we have no record of that; you need to pay." Fortunately, I had a written receipt showing that we had paid. When I showed that to her, she said "Oh, OK, I guess you paid already." This may have been sloppiness or it may have been an unethical effort to extract another $100 from us. I don't know which it was -- but either way, it is not very good. I should add that I was very nice to the staff. I even gave them a very large fish that I caught, so they could share it for dinner. But they struck me as unprofessional, sloppy and unreliable.

All that is too bad because it really is a very good property in a nice location, and as I said the cleaning staff and security guards were terrific -- hard working, honest, friendly.

If this place could hire capable office staff, it would be a real winner. Even with the current, sub-optimal office staff, it is not a bad choice at all. Just make your own arrangements, and don't rely too much on the office people.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Kemptville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Let me start by saying that this was our 4th visit in less than 2 years to Isla. This was our first visit to Nautibeach and we will be returning. Our condo was a private rental Unit #11 and we were happy in every way. Our previous stays were at PA and Ixchel, both very nice and fancier than Nautibeach but without the Mexican feel. The location along with liitle things like cart parking and Security guards makes this place worth the stay. Everything is close and the beach is easliy accessible and uncrowded.
We really enjoyed Nautibeach and will be back.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Can't write anything negative about this place or Isla Mujeres. The place was super clean, cozy and a perfect location. We spent all day on the "private" beach or walking around the town. The condo felt like your own personal home. Staff were friendly and the maid scrubbed the rooms spotless. We would definitely book again as Isla Mujeres may be the best place to spend time in Mexico.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
brookline, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I came to Nautibeach condos with my family and we all had an absolutely amazing time. The setting is unbeatable--the hotel lies right on North Beach, which is probably the nicest beach on Isla Mujeres, and one of the most amazing I have seen (the water color is incredible). The hotel also has a pool (albeit a slightly cold one during winter) and lovely gardens. The habitation itself was impeccable. Very spacious and comfortable, really nice terrace overlooking the ocean (not sure all suites feature this) and great beds. The hotel is within walking distance of downtown Isla Mujeres, and only a short taxi ride from the south of the island. I think this is one of the best hotels in Isla Mujeres, so I strongly recommend it.

Room Tip: I recommend you try to get a room with a view of the ocean, since the view is spectacular
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Nautibeach Condos? Share your experiences!