“Beautiful view & beach, helpful staff, great rates, undermined by 16 hrs of loud, thumping music from bar next door.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Nautibeach Condos

You added Nautibeach Condos to your Saves list
Nautibeach Condos
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ave Rueda Medina #7 | Colonia Centro, Playa Norte, Isla Mujeres 77400, Mexico   |
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in Isla Mujeres
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Nautibeach condos has a dream view and beach, helpful staff, great rates. The beach and condos are constantly cleaned and the gardens trimmed. Everyone is smiling and helpful. If you like to enjoy white sand beaches, beautiful waters and quietly listen to the waves, this is the place for you except between the hours of 10am to at least midnight, when the bar next door blasts thumping techno pop across this serene setting. I don't think my 23 and 21 year old boys could tolerate the noise.

I make a point to get the the beach around 7am to set up my umbrella as far away as possible from this unpleasant distraction. Unfortunately there is nothing Nautibeach can do to make this go away. I will find a quieter condo on my next visit.

If the noise of the bar, (which is empty of people most of the time) does not bother you, Nautibeach Condos are for you. Every other aspect of this property is great!

Room Tip: Ask for a condo with an American style mattress, if possible. My mattress was very thin and had a ru...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Hebrew first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Nautibeach Condos is in a perfect location. You can walk to everything you need on the north end of the island - restaurants, shopping, grocery store. The beach is white and soft underfoot, the breezes are soothing, the surf gentle, its a great place to watch the sunset and there are plenty of umbrellas around if you want to read your favorite book in the shade. There is also a lovely pool area adjacent to the beach. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. The condos are amply stocked with cooking utensils and dishes and a large container of filtered water. The accommodations were very comfortable in studio #40. It's a perfect spot for a relaxed, laid back vacation.The staff is professional, helpful and friendly. We would definitely stay at Nautibeach Condos again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Staff - EXCELLENT!!! Huge shout out to Gameba and Javier but really everyone was so friendly and kind. I was very impressed with the service and feel that Nautibeach is an extremely well organized place.

Condo #1
Main floor closest to the office. It was nicely furnished with a kitchen table and 4 chairs, sectional couch with ottoman (you could sleep on the extension of that couch when you put the ottoman at the end - which is where I slept and was very comfy), the main bedroom had 1 bed and the safe, second bedroom had 2 twin beds, bathroom sink is just off the living room and then the bathroom toilet/shower were in a separate room, kitchen had everything needed for my trip. Great air conditioning. The terrace has a table with 4 chairs and a view of the pool (and a little of the ocean).

Cats
There are cats on the property. I saw 3 - 2 were orange/white and they slept on the terrace at #1..they were there when I woke up and when I went to bed...Pina and Colada are their names..lovely! They seem to be well taken care of and a number of guests at both Nautibeach and Sunset Grill paid lots of attention to them.

Pool
The pool was a total bonus! Lots of loungers. There's a little palapa area that was nice to sit under for a little shade or shelter from the rain..it had loungers as well as two regular table and chair sets. I didn't find the pool cold at all but that would vary from person to person. You could also order from Sunset Grill and they would bring you food/drinks.

Grounds
Gorgeous! Lush, tropical and very well taken care of on a daily basis.

Beach
Nautibeach has it's own patch of beach that is cleaned and racked each day. Lots of loungers and umbrellas there as well.

Parking
There's a parking lot for guests and their golf carts/vehicles. It is monitored 24-7.

Sunset Grill Restaurant
I've been to Sunset Grill numerous times before and really like it there. This trip was no different...fish fingers, popcorn shrimp, pasta, house salad, breakfast etc...food and drinks are very good and I don't find it to be expensive at all. Happy hour is from 5pm to 7pm I believe...there's a board that lists the drinks and nothing was over 60 pesos for things like pina coladas, margaritas etc...plus they had (all the time) Dos Equis on tap for 20 pesos for a small and 25 pesos for an extra large. The owner, his wife and all the staff were wonderful. It doesn't open until 10am (I bought coffee at Chedraui and had it in my room) and closes at 10pm. Sunset Grill has their own area with their loungers, tables and chairs if you're not staying at Nautibeach.

Vendors
I love seeing the vendors..they're polite and no pressure. Some of the things purchased...coconut drink (the man will come back and carve up the coconut for you when you're done drinking the juice), popsicle man, pepitas - including Maria, jewelry..plus there's wood carvings, table cloths, clothes...shopping right from my chair was very fun.

All in all a GREAT time!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Gameba At N, Manager at Nautibeach Condos, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
HI!

Thanks your great review.

We love spoiling you.

Gameba Briceño
Maple Valley, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We just got back from spending 4 days in the wonderful Nautibeach condos...

The grounds are beautiful.... the location perfect... the condo we got was spacious and well supplied with dishes and a very comfortable bed.

Many of you already know from the ranking Nautibeach is a top pick...
-things I did not know until I stayed....

The grill does not open until 10am leaving me wondering in the morning and looking for coffee beyond the small pack provided daily by housekeeping.

We had a smoke alarm with a low battery stored in the owners locked cabinet. It was beeping every two minutes... drove me crazy. in the first ten minutes. At first maintenance came and said it was n a locked area... sorry. When I spoke to a manager at the front desk..... they came and dismantled the cabinet and got the culprit. - Point being management cared and was willing to do what it takes. I liked that.

I was unlucky and it poured rain for two solid days. I happen to see other leaving the office with umbrellas. Yes if you need it they are available free of charge... and a life saver. They also had a small selection of DVD's at the office if you are stuck in your room. We watched Forrest Gump... not exactly my plan.

The pool is nice, cold but nice. If you step out on the beach you will have a Nautibeach man willing to set you up with loungers and setup an umbrella for you...that is the kind of service I am looking for.

Big unknown plus.... golf cart parking. nice and easy..... close the rooms... that is my biggest problem with my cart on Isla... finding a place to put it.

My biggest complaint ?

Poor WiFi... in fact unusable, they said it varies from condo to condo... but two days of rain and a high tech family stuck inside without WiFi.. for 200 bones a night. I need signal, it is not about the internet service or being on Isla.... they just need to invest a little in getting a strong signal to the rooms. if you stood in the right location outside you room... your could get a little action. Forget sitting under your umbrella with your Ipad.... as we did at other locations.

If they can get this fixed... it will be hard to resist nautibeach.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Nautibeach T, Front desk/guest service representative at Nautibeach Condos, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you! we honor your opinión as appreciation of our hotel, we will do everything that is on our hands to improve your service.
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is a great place to stay if you're looking for a laid back vacation. If you're looking for modern-chic, look elsewhere - this place is for down-to-earth relaxation.

The Good: LOCATION - right on the beach and not a far walk from all the restaurants/bars. The Pool is huge and beautiful and just a short hop (literally) to the beachfront. The places are a great size, especially if you come in a group.

The Bad: Not much. The bathroom is a bit small and a little bit dated (not in a gross way, its just not modern). This is the only reason I'm giving this place 4 out of 5 stars when in reality I want to give it 4.5 out of 5.

I will stay here again when I come back!

Room Tip: I was in room 30 which didn't have a great view. All rooms that I saw faced the ocean, but if y...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Nautibeach T, Frontdesk/Guest service representative at Nautibeach Condos, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
we appreciate your opinión, thank you for choosing us to be part of your vacation.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I went to Mexico with my family. My wife and I stayed in room 38. It was nice. On the 3rd night we found a 2 cockroaches on the floor and 2 geckos on the walls. I grabbed both cockroach and one to the front desk. The night manager was a nice girl who wanted to help with the problem. She said that they would spray for cockroaches in the morning because there is no maintenance staff on at that time. So me and my wife went back to bed and at 4 AM we found a cockroach crawling in our bed. My wife immediately screamed and was extremely disgusted. So I captured the cockroach and a solo cup. And the next morning took the cockroach to the front office and told the morning manager what hd happened. She immediately stated that it was our fault that the cockroaches were in the room because we did not have our room cleaned by her staff every single day. But we had our room cleaned every other day. I told her that this was unacceptable and she needed to do something. After talking with her for a while she finally offered to upgrade our room. We then moved to room 19 which was much better and cleaner.

The beach was good. There was a lot of solicitors on the beach coming up to you about every five minutes to try to buy something.

The security guards "Jose"on the beach seemed pretty put out if I asked them about anything. I asked to get an extra umbrella for the beach, he then stood there for about a minute with his hands crossed and then asked me how many rooms do I have. I then told him I had 2 room's mine and my family's room he then stood there again for A few seconds and then grabbed an umbrella and then put it in next to my seat. After that he was again continued to act put out if I asked for anything. All the guards with mustaches seem pretty upset that they had to do anything for anyone unless your an owner of a room. On our last night at the resort it was pretty warm and humid, so we decided to go swimming at the pool which closes at 10 o'clock pm. So we went down to the pool and started to get into the water. Once we got into the water another security guard then told us to get out of water because the pool is closed. I then looked at my watch and it said 9:30 PM. This was confusing to me because we were not yelling or being of noxious nor drunk.

Stayed November 2013
Nautibeach T, Front Office Manager at Nautibeach Condos, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
We appreciate and value your opinion, this help us to better the quality of our service.
we are sorry we could not meet your expectation.

Gameba Briceño
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Let me start by saying that we LOVED #10. It has had some concerning reviews, but the owner must have done a lot, as we had not one complaint. We only used one bedroom (King), but the unit was LOVELY. VERY safe - the guards got to know us by name and even noted when we had a different golf cart (due to a breakdown) on our return one day.
The pool is AMAZING - very quiet and PERFECTLY maintained.
The lawns and grounds are WONDERFUL and STUNNING.
Our first floor unit was great - again, very safe and we left stuff outside on our patio all of the time.
LOVE the workers - so friendly and helpful.
LOVE the location - cannot get better than on Playa Norte, minutes from downtown by foot.
The only thing that was REMOTELY a drawback is the price. You get what you pay for - these are nice places. However, for IM, they do rank up there in price.
BAR NONE - BEST PLACE W HAVE STAYED IN ISLA.

Room Tip: We really liked #10. It had some bad reviews - but we loved it. Clean, new furniture, fresh paint...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Nautibeach T, Front Office Manager at Nautibeach Condos, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you we love to spoil our guest, looking forward to seeing you soon.

Been to Nautibeach Condos? Share your experiences!