“Perfect except.....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nautibeach Condos

Save Saved
You added Nautibeach Condos to your Saves list
Nautibeach Condos
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ave Rueda Medina #7 | Colonia Centro, Playa Norte, Isla Mujeres 77400, Mexico   |
Offers & Announcements
$150 (USD)
Ranked #4 of 35 hotels in Isla Mujeres
Maple Valley, Washington
“Perfect except.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We just got back from spending 4 days in the wonderful Nautibeach condos...

The grounds are beautiful.... the location perfect... the condo we got was spacious and well supplied with dishes and a very comfortable bed.

Many of you already know from the ranking Nautibeach is a top pick...
-things I did not know until I stayed....

The grill does not open until 10am leaving me wondering in the morning and looking for coffee beyond the small pack provided daily by housekeeping.

We had a smoke alarm with a low battery stored in the owners locked cabinet. It was beeping every two minutes... drove me crazy. in the first ten minutes. At first maintenance came and said it was n a locked area... sorry. When I spoke to a manager at the front desk..... they came and dismantled the cabinet and got the culprit. - Point being management cared and was willing to do what it takes. I liked that.

I was unlucky and it poured rain for two solid days. I happen to see other leaving the office with umbrellas. Yes if you need it they are available free of charge... and a life saver. They also had a small selection of DVD's at the office if you are stuck in your room. We watched Forrest Gump... not exactly my plan.

The pool is nice, cold but nice. If you step out on the beach you will have a Nautibeach man willing to set you up with loungers and setup an umbrella for you...that is the kind of service I am looking for.

Big unknown plus.... golf cart parking. nice and easy..... close the rooms... that is my biggest problem with my cart on Isla... finding a place to put it.

My biggest complaint ?

Poor WiFi... in fact unusable, they said it varies from condo to condo... but two days of rain and a high tech family stuck inside without WiFi.. for 200 bones a night. I need signal, it is not about the internet service or being on Isla.... they just need to invest a little in getting a strong signal to the rooms. if you stood in the right location outside you room... your could get a little action. Forget sitting under your umbrella with your Ipad.... as we did at other locations.

If they can get this fixed... it will be hard to resist nautibeach.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Nautibeach T, Front desk/guest service representative at Nautibeach Condos, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you! we honor your opinión as appreciation of our hotel, we will do everything that is on our hands to improve your service.

374 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is a great place to stay if you're looking for a laid back vacation. If you're looking for modern-chic, look elsewhere - this place is for down-to-earth relaxation.

The Good: LOCATION - right on the beach and not a far walk from all the restaurants/bars. The Pool is huge and beautiful and just a short hop (literally) to the beachfront. The places are a great size, especially if you come in a group.

The Bad: Not much. The bathroom is a bit small and a little bit dated (not in a gross way, its just not modern). This is the only reason I'm giving this place 4 out of 5 stars when in reality I want to give it 4.5 out of 5.

I will stay here again when I come back!

Room Tip: I was in room 30 which didn't have a great view. All rooms that I saw faced the ocean, but if y...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Nautibeach T, Frontdesk/Guest service representative at Nautibeach Condos, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
we appreciate your opinión, thank you for choosing us to be part of your vacation.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I went to Mexico with my family. My wife and I stayed in room 38. It was nice. On the 3rd night we found a 2 cockroaches on the floor and 2 geckos on the walls. I grabbed both cockroach and one to the front desk. The night manager was a nice girl who wanted to help with the problem. She said that they would spray for cockroaches in the morning because there is no maintenance staff on at that time. So me and my wife went back to bed and at 4 AM we found a cockroach crawling in our bed. My wife immediately screamed and was extremely disgusted. So I captured the cockroach and a solo cup. And the next morning took the cockroach to the front office and told the morning manager what hd happened. She immediately stated that it was our fault that the cockroaches were in the room because we did not have our room cleaned by her staff every single day. But we had our room cleaned every other day. I told her that this was unacceptable and she needed to do something. After talking with her for a while she finally offered to upgrade our room. We then moved to room 19 which was much better and cleaner.

The beach was good. There was a lot of solicitors on the beach coming up to you about every five minutes to try to buy something.

The security guards "Jose"on the beach seemed pretty put out if I asked them about anything. I asked to get an extra umbrella for the beach, he then stood there for about a minute with his hands crossed and then asked me how many rooms do I have. I then told him I had 2 room's mine and my family's room he then stood there again for A few seconds and then grabbed an umbrella and then put it in next to my seat. After that he was again continued to act put out if I asked for anything. All the guards with mustaches seem pretty upset that they had to do anything for anyone unless your an owner of a room. On our last night at the resort it was pretty warm and humid, so we decided to go swimming at the pool which closes at 10 o'clock pm. So we went down to the pool and started to get into the water. Once we got into the water another security guard then told us to get out of water because the pool is closed. I then looked at my watch and it said 9:30 PM. This was confusing to me because we were not yelling or being of noxious nor drunk.

Stayed November 2013
Nautibeach T, Front Office Manager at Nautibeach Condos, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
We appreciate and value your opinion, this help us to better the quality of our service.
we are sorry we could not meet your expectation.

Gameba Briceño
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Let me start by saying that we LOVED #10. It has had some concerning reviews, but the owner must have done a lot, as we had not one complaint. We only used one bedroom (King), but the unit was LOVELY. VERY safe - the guards got to know us by name and even noted when we had a different golf cart (due to a breakdown) on our return one day.
The pool is AMAZING - very quiet and PERFECTLY maintained.
The lawns and grounds are WONDERFUL and STUNNING.
Our first floor unit was great - again, very safe and we left stuff outside on our patio all of the time.
LOVE the workers - so friendly and helpful.
LOVE the location - cannot get better than on Playa Norte, minutes from downtown by foot.
The only thing that was REMOTELY a drawback is the price. You get what you pay for - these are nice places. However, for IM, they do rank up there in price.
BAR NONE - BEST PLACE W HAVE STAYED IN ISLA.

Room Tip: We really liked #10. It had some bad reviews - but we loved it. Clean, new furniture, fresh paint...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Nautibeach T, Front Office Manager at Nautibeach Condos, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you we love to spoil our guest, looking forward to seeing you soon.
Garden City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Very good accommodations, clean, they even did my laundry! Good food, drinks etc. Very nice atmosphere ! Employees were very attentive. Prices reasonable. My sister, boyfriend and I spent a 7 day vacation there lounging by the pool drinking cocktails by the pool. Walking distance from shopping and restaurants. Great fishing, site seeing just all around a wonderful trip!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hola,

Thank you for such a great comment, looking forward to your next visit with us!
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We enjoyed our 4 days at the Nautibeach Condo. The beach is fantastic. Our room was large, bathroom a bit small. The pool was nice. Hotel itself was clean. The prices at the bar/restaraunt were a bit pricey. The front desk was very helpful. We went for the 5 minute walk into town and ate at some excellent eateries. Mangos for breakfast was a favorite. Los Fuegitas was very good also for dinner. We had fun walking thru town and seeing Isla by golfcart. When we return we will surely stay at Nautibeach.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hola,

Thank you for your visit with us, looking forward to your next visit!
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Back home after spending a wonderful week (Sept 28th to Oct 5th) on Isla Mujeres at the Nautibeach Condo unit #15. This unit is a 2 bedroom Deluxe Ocean View. The view from the balcony certainly lived up to its name providing an incredible view of the lush garden area, the pool and, last but not least, the beach and ocean. The owners have nicely decorated the unit in a Mexican theme that compliments your Mexican vacation.
We were traveling with another couple and this 2 bedroom unit offered enough privacy for everyone. The single bathroom toilet and shower area is separate from the sink/vanity to accommodate more than one person.
The check-in staff were friendly and offered to make restaurant reservations and book golf carts for us. The housekeeping staff efficiently cleaned the entire unit every day and made the beds.
Nautibeach has the advantage of being right on the beach. The pool area is impressive and the beach is only steps away. The security guards are friendly and assist with setting up umbrellas and lounges on the beach. They were appreciative of the tips we gave them for this service. The beautiful stretch of beach with clear turquoise water was memorable!
The condo’s location is an easy walk from the ferry docks and the main town area where restaurants, groceries and souvenir shopping is all available.
If you’re looking for a safe and enjoyable vacation, relaxing in the sun and enjoying warm Caribbean waters then Nautibeach is sure to meet those needs!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Nautibeach T, Director de Recepción at Nautibeach Condos, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you,we loved having you guys with us please visit us again

Gameba Briceño & Nautibeach Team

Been to Nautibeach Condos? Share your experiences!