“omg. the pizzzaaa!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oscar's Mexican Grill

Oscar's Mexican Grill
Just East of the Ferry Dock | Carretera a Garrafon Km. 3.5, Isla Mujeres, Mexico
998 8880916
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 166 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Oscar’s Grill was founded in Isla Mujeres over 2 decades ago. It is a great place to experience Mexican and International food. Stop by for breakfast, lunch or dinner at this unique restaurant located next to a quiet marina on the shores of the lagoon Macax. Enjoy your favorite drink at its diverse bars, sitting on the incredible wooden chairs; you will be pleasantly surprised how comfortable they are. The only place to enjoy eating lobster chosen by yourself, and cooked specifically for you. Oscar’s can also be rented for all types of events and can accommodate up to 150 guests. Located mid-island, you can access by golf cart, motorcycle, car or yacht. Supervised at all times by the owner of vast culinary experience - Oscar. He will ensure that you are fully satisfied with your food, service and visit at his restaurant.As of September 2012, Oscar’s Grill will also be serving authentic New York pizza and pasta. Pizzas created and hand tossed by Michael (formely of Milagro’s pizza). Don’t miss out on the famous Garlic Bread. Pizzeria open 5pm to midnite, last pizza order at 11:30pmDine In – Take out - Delivery
Houston, TX
“omg. the pizzzaaa!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Some of the best pizza I've ever had... yes, in Mexico. I love pizza... from NYC, Italy, Chicago (eh)... and this is good pizza!!

You won't be disappointed. We stopped in as we were cruising around in our golf cart. It was so good, we came back and had more pizza later that night.

Easy to find, apparently they deliver, too. And you can't beat those bar stools...Good stuff.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Hebrew first
Baldwin City, Kansas
“Pizza, Nacho's.........Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We ate at Oscars 3 times on our visit. Regular pizza, nacho's for a little snack, and a stuffed pizza that was OUTSTANDING! We used delivery once, ate there twice. We love the food and the prices!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NJ, USA
“Awesome food, and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This place has great food, and the atmosphere is way cool. They have these crazy big chairs carved out of some wood from Thailand. You feel like a king sitting in those things. I started off with the seafood soup which had an entire lobster tail in it, and so much crab meat and shrimp that I was almost too full to eat my entree. (I actually had to give some away to one of the local cats that paid me a visit during dinner.) As entrees, my wife got the shrimp shish-kabobs and I had the beef enchiladas. Both were huge portions and just amazing. Make sure you request to sit in the rear of the place... you can sit curbside out front, but the atmosphere in the back is much nicer.

Visited November 2013
Silverthorne, Colorado
“Rip off!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We were having our wedding on the island a few weeks ago and were having a bbq on the beach for 24 people. We didn't want to or have the means to make side dishes for everyone so we ordered rice, beans and a side salad. We told them we didn't want individual sides, just enough to feed 24 people. The owner said he would give us a good price and told us it would be ready in 40 minutes. When went and ran some errands and 40 minutes later we returned...and waited and waited and waited! No one would even look us in the eye when we were at the bar waiting for our food and when asking how much longer and how much it would cost, no one answered us and they walked away. The owner was conveniently no where around.
When the food finally arrived, it was ALL packaged individually (72 containers) and they charged us $370.00!!!!!!!! Are you freaking kidding me, for RICE AND BEANS????? We were the stupid gringos and paid it. When we went back to our house then caretaker was FURIOUS that they would try and take advantage of us like that. She went back to the restaurant and managed to get us $100.00 back. Never EVER will I visit this place again.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
“Great place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I actually ate here twice on my last trip. The first stop was at lunch time. My friend had enchiladas that were really good. They had a green creamy sauce on top. I had a hamburger. It was made with a preformed, thin patty. Lots of cheese to make up for that, though. It came with tomato, onion, catsup, and mayo on it. The fries were fries – not bad, but nothing to write home about. Love the roadside location – we’re total people watchers. The second time I swung by to get dinner to go. – I got the ziti with salsa alfredo y pollo, to go (chicken alfredo) which came with garlic knots. The waitstaff was very friendly and kept me company while I waited for my food, which was delicious. I also got a huge portion that I made 3-4 meals out of. Great deal!

• Visited March 2013