“Good Food and Good Company!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican, American
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Mexico, Missouri
“Good Food and Good Company!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My hubby and I went here for the first time (and 2 more times) last year while we were spending 8 days on Isla Mujeres. He had seen some reviews of the place on line and thought he wanted to check it out. It was a little difficult to locate but worth the search.

The food was fantastic. Especially on Sundays when they smoke ribs! Mmmmm. The atmosphere is laid back and nobody is a stranger. The owner and employees and even the "regulars" treat you like they have known you your whole life.

The grounds are small but lush. There is a stairway down to the shore where there are beach chairs and an umbrella. Some days there is even a giant iguana hanging around sunbathing.

I would say The Soggy Peso should be a "Must" on the to-do list of any and everyone over the age of 30 who visits the island..

*** There is also a cute 4 room mini-hotel that is part of The Soggy Peso but I will not review it as I never stayed there. However you can see part of it in some of my photos.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Calgary, Canada
“An island favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Every Christmas my family heads down to Isla and Soggy Peso is one of our all time favorite spots! Best margaritas on the island and such great atmosphere. Goosey is our favorite bartender and he makes some awesome drinks! Be sure to go on Shrimp Taco day...Seriously, they are one of the best things I have ever eaten in my entire life. The crunchy shrimp, fresh tortilas and fresh vegitables topped with that spicy chipotle mayo...to die for! I am already counting the days until we can return to the Soggy Peso this coming Christmas!

• Visited July 2013
ft worth
“Ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Do not miss the ribs on Sunday... Really really good! We enjoyed our time at the soggy...A lot of the expats hang out here..we met an array of colorful characters ... It is much smaller than it looks in the pictures.. We will return to the soggy on our next visit!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Delaware County, PA
“Get your bar-b-q fix at Soggy Peso”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Just one special a day - that's all you get. Our time to go was on Sunday for their Texas bar-b-q. Then on Tues (I think) is their Cheeseburger in Paradise day. Good burger! Always friendly people around to talk to. Great marguaritas, but be careful. More than one and you'll be soggy...errr....sorry.

Visited July 2013
Houston, Texas
“Always good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Been going here for about 5 years now and every time I am pleased. Whether it's great food or drinks, I'm never disappointed. The atmosphere is fun and the owners always make sure you're having a great time!

• Visited July 2013