“Great mene, food and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lola Valentina

Lola Valentina
North Hildago Street | Pedestrian street in centro...beach end, Isla Mujeres 77400, Mexico
998.159.2187
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 151 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: For food lovers looking for creative Mexican and Caribbean Seafood using local and the freshest of ingredients. Chef Lori Dumm ( co- founder and formerly executive chef of Mango Cafe) put out some of the best plates on Isla Mujeres. Stop by and taste the difference everyday, except Sundays, at 5 pm. Smiling faces await to serve you!
Long Valley, New Jersey
“Great mene, food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012 via mobile

For the tiny island of Isla Mujeres, you can't find a better interesting and enticing menu than that of Lola Valentina's. To start, my mango chipotle margarita was an amazing concoction. Apps were interesting, especially the jalepino rellenos. Dinners were outstanding. My stuffed grouper with shrimp and lobster were world class. My wife's pulled pork was top notch, and our friends corn meal crusted fish tacos were exceptional.
Great atmosphere, service and live music. A must stop when on Isla Mujeres!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Alright apps, horrible entrees.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012 via mobile

The place looks awesome the service is above average, the atmosphere great, but the food....the food falls short in the tast department. After eating at mango cafe previously, and having high hopes since Lori the owner was a partner in mango, our party was extremely disappointed with the food. This place had gotten such great reviews we were excited to try it..we had coconut shrimp...actually relatively tasty, also the fondu...quite greasy and not the most flavorful item, and the bruschetta with goat cheese, was probably the best app we ordered...came with a really nice balsamic reduction. The entrees were nearly inedible...the shrimp linguine with jalapeño cream sauce was by far the best that we ordered and was still lackluster. The lobster Mac and cheese was hands down the worst I have ever tasted...fried, or rather burned onions atop a glob of unapetizing greasy cheesy goo, and perhaps some unidentifiable lobster particles in there. The slow cooked pork may have been authentic , but the taste was unappealing to everyone at my table....poor tasting food, not a good value for the price.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
north carolina
“Fine food and dining from Lori”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

We discovered that Lola Valentia had been opened by the previous owner of Mango. She's done a great job making her new restaurant a comfortable place to dine. My wife had the sea bass special and i had the lobster & cheese/macaroni dish. Both were excellent!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ottawa, Canada
“Very good food. Good atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I remember I had some fish plate which I really enjoyed. But what I mostly remember is the watermelon jalapeno margarita. A strange but yummy combination. My dining partners had the seafood pasta with jalapeno cream sauce and shrimp with coconut milk. There was some great music playing. Well, we thought it was music playing until we realized it was live! We would return.

• Visited January 2012
Newnan, Georgia
“Great restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Since last year, a new restaurant popped up on "restaurant row", Hidalgo. This is a good looking, well laid out palapa at the end of Hidalgo near Playa Norte.
The owner used to be at the Mango Cafe in mid island. That was a good restaurant, this is better. My wife had the cocoanut shrimp. She said they were the best she's had. I had the Yucetacan pork (cochinita pibil). It was as godd as I've ever had. In addition, it was artfully presented with some shreds of pickle arranged atop of the pork. At 125 pesos, I thought quite reasonable for the quality. Service was very good. It looks like Olivia now has competition for the best restaurant on Isla.

• Visited February 2012