“A great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lola Valentina

Lola Valentina
North Hildago Street | Pedestrian street in centro...beach end, Isla Mujeres 77400, Mexico
998.159.2187
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 147 restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: For food lovers looking for creative Mexican and Caribbean Seafood using local and the freshest of ingredients. Chef Lori Dumm ( co- founder and formerly executive chef of Mango Cafe) put out some of the best plates on Isla Mujeres. Stop by and taste the difference everyday, except Sundays, at 5 pm. Smiling faces await to serve you!
Chisholm, MN
“A great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

We are breakfast at Lola's our last day of vacation. We were both sorry we hadn't tried it earlier in our stay. The curried eggs benedict will be the bar for which any eggs benedict I eat again will be judged on. It was simply amazing. The balance of flavors was incredible! Since it was Lori we knew we would love it but she has really outdone herself on this dish.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

88% Recommend
Austin, TX
“Great new restaurant - successor to Mango”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

We went to Lola Valentina on the 17th day they were open. Lori (from Mango) has come up with a really nice combination here. The atmosphere is nice, on the north end of Hidalgo. Plenty of people watching from the seats next to the street, but there are some quieter tables near the back. A little jazz combo played, but not for long enough! We had stopped in a couple of nights before for a cocktail. I had the pineapple jalepeno margarita, and K. had the pineapple chipotle margarita. Incredible!!! We came in for dinner and each had another of the same. We started with the brushetta, which was exquisite! K. had the stuffed fish, and I had the jamaican chicken. Both were fantastic, and the sides (apple tinged cole-slaw - oh yeah!) were to die for. Saffron rice done perfectly! We'll definitely be back next year!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Hampshire
“DInner 3 nights during our stay !!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

Lori has created a wonderful restaurant. The menu is fun and offers a lot of different flavors. Loved the warm gorgonzola appetizer with a reduced balsamic vinegette and the coconut shrimp. My husband raved about the mac 'n cheese and stuffed chicken. I am the fish eater and enjoyed the sea bass and the stuffed grouper. A real winner !!!!!

Visited January 2012
Chicago, IL
“Every Restaurant Probably Has a Moment to Forget”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Lola Valentina was a delightful adventure in dining on Isla Mujeres. The staff were attentive and my meal, the Chilaquiles in Longaniza Sauce, was very well-prepared. However, there was a down-side to this relatively new restaurant along Isla Mujeres' main avenue. I hesitate to mention it - yet, my meal was serviced luke warm and (gasp) there was a hair on my food. Gross. Not disgusting enough to ruin my experience, but close. I simply called it - A Momentary Lapse of Culinary Reason for Lola Valentina.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Best overall dinner experience in 5 years of visiting Isla.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012 via mobile

Great food, service and atmosphere. Coconut shrimp appetizer was excellent. Yucatan roast pork with plantains was juicy and flavorful. My wife loved the seabass so much she wouldn't even allow me a bite so will have to accept her word it was good. All items were freshly prepared and beautifully presented. Service very attentive, friendly and professional.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere