Situated a short walk along the ocean from town, Bahia Torguga has just about everything I want:
• Clean, well-appointed rooms with a killer view;
• A beautiful hotel that's near just about everything on the island without feeling like you're stuck in the hustle and bustle of a hotel closer to town;
• Two of the most welcoming proprietors on the island, and;
• A fun-filled bar and restaurant situated a few feet away from the ocean.
We stayed at Bahia Tortuga over Christmas in 2011. The place embodies everything I love about Mexico. Danny and Rhonda, the proprietors, went out of their way to make us feel welcome.
A few travel tips:
• Be sure to head up to the rooftop deck to catch the sunset over Cancun (or if you're an early bird, the sunrise over the Caribbean ocean).
• JJ, the bartender, makes an excellent Golden Margarita.
• If you have a few hours (not really, but it is an interesting story), ask Danny or Rhonda about the trials and tribulations of building Bahia Tortuga.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique 5-room "boutique" hotel and marina with an on-site water-front Palapa Bar and Restaurant that offers exceptional food and thirst quenching drinks... Just a leisure walk down the boat anchorage to town. ... more less