“Excellent experience.” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Amsterdam
“Excellent experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

Friend recommended them to me and they left me with an excellent experience.
I do realize that i was also lucky as in 2 dives i got to see approx 20 string rays, a school of barracudas and a turtle. Still this has def also got to do with the knowledge of the instructor who took us out. They simply know their job.
Very nice guys as well. Tip would be, that if you don't speak Spanish and your diving experience is limited, ask for an instructor with good English skills.

Visited December 2011

Baldwin
“Phantastic ! A Dive Shop Not To Miss !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

It is true, there are plenty of dive shops on Isla Mujeres. I did my research and went to their websites to find out about their conditions prior to visiting the island. All their prices are more or less the same with one exception : Scuba Garrido does not charge any extra for equipment and gear rental !!
Depending on how many dives you plan for your vacation, it can make quite a difference.
And something else, the Garrido brothers are the nicest and most accommodating PADI divers I ever dived with. For my one-week vacation, I negotiated a price with them for several deep dives. However, due to rough seas the first scheduled deep dives were cancelled. As the time of my vacation started to run out, the unusual happened, even though other scheduled divers hesitated to follow through with their appointments, the Garridos picked me up with their boat from my hotel. For two incredible dives, I had the privilege to be the only one they went out with. No extra charge.
Great guys that I highly recommend for your next dives !

Visited November 2011
LITTLETON
5 attraction reviews
“Want to go diving in Isla Mujeres....Scuba Garrido is your dive shop!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Diving with Scuba Garrido is an incredible experience. It is a family owned and operated PADI dive shop, located right next to Olivia Restaurant in the downtown area of Isla Mujeres. Alvaro, Arturo, Gabby and Valentino (all brothers) are very attentive to their customers, and are very conservative in their dive operations. They have and maintain good equipment at their shop. There are incredible dive sites for beginner to advanced divers around Isla Mujeres...I highly recommend enjoying them with Scuba Garrido!

Visited November 2011