“very convenient but bring sea shoes!” 4 of 5 stars

Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 46 things to do in Isla Mujeres
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“very convenient but bring sea shoes!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

The set up was so convenient - everything available for hire in a small area - towels, lockers, mask, fins, showers and restaurant all reasonably priced. We found if you swam out just a little bit you could see different fish. 2 downsides: sea bed and approach to water very rocky so pretty hard to walk on especially when the current kept making u lose your footing (if we had proper shoes wuda been fine). Other issue was sunbeds - ergonomically shaped - fine if you're looking at sea but impossible to lie on back. There were 5 or 6 flat sunbeds but they were snapped up quick. Despite this still a great spot and very convenient. Snorkelling gear is 100 pesos but if u just get mask its only 40 pesos.

• Hebrew first
Detroit, Michigan
6 attraction reviews
“Good food and snorkeling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We had lunch and drinks here before snorkeling. Food was good, reasonably priced and area clean. Service was a little slow but relaxed and enjoyed the view. Nice bathrooms, outdoor showers available.

Snorkeling was OK, it was a bit stirred up the day we went but still got to see lots of fish and a sting ray! It is a bit gravelly getting into the water but we wore our fins and walked in backwards, after that it is sandy bottom.

Visited March 2014
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Lovely half day here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Got here early and it was lovely and quiet, so peaceful and a change from north beach. 50 pesos each entrance, we hire snorkel and mask which was 40 pesos. You really do need beach shoes but we managed without was just uncomfortable. The snorkelling was good, seen loads of fish. I really enjoyed the sun loungers found them that relaxing I had a little snooze until I was rudely awakened by the most moaning whinging spoilt brat I think I've ever heard, spoilt it for me from then on and we left. Would definitely return.

Mexico City, Mexico
3 attraction reviews
“Low key spot to snorkel and lounge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

My fiancée and I wanted to do some snorkeling on isla, so we went to this place. Very low key, laid back atmosphere. Plenty of lounge chairs, some in shade and some in the sun. We snorkeled a bit, had a few drinks, and ate some ceviche. The snorkeling wasn't incredible, but we saw a lot of fish and it was convenient. Would recommend!

Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“beatiful little park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

My son loved it so much that I took him there twice. It is cheap and a nice quiet place to enjoy the natural beauty of Isla Mujeres. The resturant upstair is nice too. The food was great and the staff are sooooo friendly. It was the highlight of our trip. I just wish we had more time and could visit it more.